Memory foam matress NON removable cover Cleaning how?

Questions & answers about awnings, mattresses, and other things to make life on the road more comfortable. This section is for Bongo-specific kit only. No talk about backpacking tents here!

Moderator: Muzorewa

New Forest Terrier
Supreme Being

Memory foam matress NON removable cover Cleaning how?

Post by New Forest Terrier » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:30 pm

I have a fold out bed in the Bongo with two memory foam matress cusions which also act as seat cushions when the bed is folded up. They have a grey nylon cover which is non removable and after a very muddy summer needs a clean. I am reluctant to put the whole thing in the washing machine in case it does horrible things to the foam.

Can anyone suggest the best way to clean them? After a mud bath in Dorset over the Bank Holiday they are beyond just a brush and a sponge down.
The BewilderBeast - V6 Mean Green Tintop with LPG and 321 Away Montague Conversion
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Re: Memory foam matress NON removable cover Cleaning how?

Post by Jillygumbo » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:08 pm

What about one of those steam cleaners you use on carpet?
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
kmiller
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by kmiller » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:13 am

Hi,

I have a matress with non-removable cover. One day, oil kept in cup fell on it. I tried to remove the stain of oil but it has not gone completely. Can anyone suggest me which chemical to use for cleaning it?

Thanks
karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:20 pm

sorry dont know about chemical cleaners maybe the normal upholstery stuff or something like the vanish -it has its own ,co website so there might be some tips there as i think they have different types.
I definitely wouldnt wash the memory foam - is there a visible seam on the covers you could unpick to get them off the as its stretchy fabric maybe velro edges so you can remove it more easilly in future

Return to “Bongo Camping Equipment”