Camping clubs?

Questions & answers about awnings, mattresses, and other things to make life on the road more comfortable. This section is for Bongo-specific kit only. No talk about backpacking tents here!

Moderator: Muzorewa

BernieBongo1955
Bongonaut

Camping clubs?

Post by BernieBongo1955 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:11 pm

Hi folks, just wondered what your views are on joining a camping club, are they worth it? Up to now have used "Pitchup" website Do these clubs give a wider range of sites, possibly exclusive? Thanks in anticipation.
N.B Also what are members views on wild camping?
Paul - Gloucestershire -2001 2.5 V6 Pop Top
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken"
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Camping clubs?

Post by g8dhe » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:40 pm

There's the "Camping & Caravan Club" and the "Caravan & Motorhome Club" seems to be a mixture of people some prefer one to the other others belong to both. Myself I'm with the C&CC and use there sites and Wildcamping as time and location permits. Never found the private sites to be particularly worthwhile, facilities and prices don't appear to have much correlation! Whilst the two main clubs you know for certain that all the Club sites always meet a very high standard, and then there are all the listed sites which are smaller and quieter often only 5 pitches to stay within the planning permission rules.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
marionw
Bongolier

Post by marionw » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:38 pm

I don't belong to any of the Clubs, but use UKCampsites.co.uk if I'm wanting to book a site.

Their website is very good and easy to search for any area you are looking for.Good reviews on each site as well.

They haven't let me down yet.
Roy748
Bongolier

Post by Roy748 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:08 pm

We are members of the camping and caravan club for the past year and as it's up for renewal we are contemplating whether to renew or not. We found many of the campsites were not as good as some independent ones we visited. And talking to the owners as to why they were not in the club, they informed us the C&CC put too many restrictions and requirements on them. The advantage of the C&CC is the discount, which would be advantage for us only there are not many club sites here in the southeast.
BernieBongo1955
Bongonaut

Post by BernieBongo1955 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:14 pm

Thanks guy's
Really appreciate your time and comments :D
Paul
Paul - Gloucestershire -2001 2.5 V6 Pop Top
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken"

Return to “Bongo Camping Equipment”