Getting Ozzie microchipped.

Pets like Bongos! Anything to do with dogs, cats and other Bongo animals, you can post here. But please keep photo sizes within limits.

Moderator: helen&tony

daveblueozzie
Supreme Being

Getting Ozzie microchipped.

Post by daveblueozzie » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:00 pm

I went to the vets in Liverpool where Ozzie had her first inoculation, so she could have her second injection and to have her microchipped. :D
She had the inoculation no problem :D , the microchip needle is a bit bigger, the microchip is about the size of a grain of rice.
The girl and yes she seemed just a young girl :shock: doing the microchip said can you hold her firm whilst i do this. Holding Ozzie really tight she pushed the needle into her scruff of the neck then straight through the other side into my thumb, and I ended up with the microchip in my thumb :shock: [-X .
(my brother said at least if you get lost they can send you home, not funny :lol: )
She then had to call the vet, who then had to get a pair of tweezers to remove the microchip from my thumb, i was now bleeding quite a lot and bleeding angry at the incompetence.
They redid the microchip on Ozzie using one of the holes in her neck, she was now quite upset and decided that it was time to pee and sh## and be sick all at once on the vet who was now holding her, justice =D> .
They decided not to charge me for the trouble they have caused :evil: .
I will use my local vet from now on.
Lost without my Bongo.
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Re: Getting Ozzie microchipped.

Post by francophile1947 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:16 pm

Wow, that could be a new pimp - having the driver chipped 8)
I assume you remained calm and politely spoken throughout :lol: :lol:
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:38 pm

I'm afraid this seems much funnier reading it than it must have done at the time, Dave.

It is pretty poor, though.

If we were all done think how much time could be saved on check in at the National. :D
mikeWalsall
Supreme Being

Post by mikeWalsall » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:52 pm

Some years back my old Mother in Law took in a stray cat. and kept her warm and very well fed ..

Few weeks later she phoned my wife and asked if would she give her and the cat a lift to the Vet for the cats check up and inoculations..

Vet asked the (unknown) history of the ex stray cat as he checked her over ... then the bomb shell .. "What do you want do do with the kittens she is carrying .. we could abort them and sterilise your cat at the same time" ..

MIL was mortified .. and agreed to leave the cat with the vet .. have the cat spayed and the kittens removed while under the anaesthetic ..

Some time later MIL phoned my wife ... "the VET had phoned .. can we pick up the cat .. Oh and sorry .. there had been a mix up ... the cat wasn't pregnant and had in fact already been sterilised" ..!!

When they went to collect the cat .. to add insult to injury .. the Vet presented them with a bill ..!!

My Mrs was furious and was quite vocal in telling him where to put the bill .. and added to his incompetence as a Vet .. he would be hearing from her mums solicitor ..!!
JAL Mushroom roof,12/240v, fridge, cooker, sink, LPG V6 .. (written off @ £5500 Nov 2016)
BigPanzer
Tribal Elder

Post by BigPanzer » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:28 am

Hi,

No laughing matter, I've seen the size of those needles!

We have been very lucky with our vets. Not the cheapest around, but our mutts and the dogs we have fostered have been well looked after for the last 6 years. If you find a surgery who treats your animals with care, stick with them!

Same goes for kennels. We once had to kennel a perfectly healthy Staffie for a couple of months. She came out with quite a severe ear infection and severe loss of fur due to mites. There were also mental problems with her due to lack of exercise and human contact and it took us ages to get her back to the sort of dog a Staffie should be.

Peter
Wendy'n'Alan
Bongolier

Post by Wendy'n'Alan » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:32 pm

:lol: :lol: sorry so funny
David Edwards
Supreme Being

Post by David Edwards » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:28 pm

Ah Dave, sorry but I was laughing too, this happens more than people realise and with vaccines too etc my missus has jabbed herself many a time when the dog or cat has wriggled or jumped suddenly, small things like this hurt like hell I know and |I can tell you from our experiences that poor kid was probably distraught afterwards.

Return to “Bongo Furry!”