A Sad Day.

Pets like Bongos! Anything to do with dogs, cats and other Bongo animals, you can post here. But please keep photo sizes within limits.

Moderator: helen&tony

David Edwards
Supreme Being

A Sad Day.

Post by David Edwards » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:56 am

Well after a false alarm last month, it looks like to day is the end for my gorgeous 19 year old cat Tikka, she is a shadow of her former self and cannot go on. Who would have thought 19 years ago when I rescued what I thought was a stray kitten from the Heads of The Valleys road that I was actually grabbing a totally feral ferocious monster tasmanian devil lol. She was mental hence her name TiKKA, I told her "wise up kitten or you will be kitten tikka masala" She took over the house terrorised the dogs just by walking through the house and used to sit and stare at our youngest boy Jamie,lol, she lived in the bathroom and wouldnt let him out I had to go and rescue him,lol but as she got older she turned into a very loving but big,not fat, just big cat, she is now skin and bone and has basically told us she has had enough, so when the missus comes home from work today she is bringing a jab for her, how can you say thank you for 19 years of pure love and joy that will be gone, although I will remember her forever, she is my girl and I am going to be devastated but it is the best for her that matters..Hurting lots.
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Re: A Sad Day.

Post by helen&tony » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:16 am

Hi
I feel sorry for you, David...especially as she's been a friend for so long....and it kind of reminds me of my old cat Aloysius...Wishy for short....Exactly like your terror cat...They're great, aren't they...!!!...He was HUGE and always slim, and lived 'till 19 (I think)...Mum said he was 21....He could open cupboard doors and hide inside....first you knew was a set of claws embedded in your hand when you reached in the cupboard...The neighbours were terrified of him, and so was the vet!!!!!....My friends wouldn't go near him...dog owners crossed the street with their dogs if they had to pass our gate...he'd pounce on any dog....ANY size....He'd sharpen his claws on the neighbours car tyres, and mysteriously get into people's houses....A neighbour called us in to remove him from the middle of her bed...nobody knew how he got there!!!!!!...Rumour had it that he was "the cat from Hell" and the Devil threw him out for being too vicious ...but that's only heresay!....but...his piece de resistance was getting into the shoe cupboard , having a c*ap in Dad's shoes all ready polished for work, and shutting the cupboard door on the way out....When Dad put his shoes on, I couldn't stop laughing....
So...at the age of 19 / 21 he started the same as your Madam TiKKA...getting thin and kidneys obviously failing, as I saw him drinking from the neighbour's car-wash bucket....and, when we took him in for the jab, it was like losing a family member, as he'd been with us all that time....so I really can sympathise with you
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
Gasy
Supreme Being

Post by Gasy » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:34 pm

Know how you feel mate
Sad times
Had to have my 17 yr old girl cat put down a few months back
I was brought up with Doberman dogs
So I trained her as a dog ( never had a cat before )
She would fetch sticks for me she loved playing fetch
I still look for her to come running up when I get in at night
Big burly bloke like me getting upset over a cat
And proud to be
Chin up
Gas safe heating engineer / plumber if you need any advice just shout.
ELZE
Supreme Being

Post by ELZE » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:06 pm

Best wishes mate and just think of all the good times and those wonderful memories. Also your cat is lucky to have a vet as an owner. I bet she has had all the best private medical care a cat can get.
A Bongo is for life, not just for Christmas
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:45 pm

Really rough, wish I could help, but me and Su are thinking of you guys.

Return to “Bongo Furry!”