To reverse the rear seats or not....?

Pets like Bongos! Anything to do with dogs, cats and other Bongo animals, you can post here. But please keep photo sizes within limits.

Moderator: helen&tony

HazelM
Bongonaut

To reverse the rear seats or not....?

Post by HazelM » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:13 pm

Hi!

Am a Bongo owner of 4 years, have two dogs who travel on the rear seats secured in via harnesses + I pull the seats forward so there is minimum space between rear and front seats & all has been good. However, I feel that reversing the rear seats will give us more room BUT I wonder how my dogs will cope with travelling backwards???? Anyone done this/had experience and how did it work out? PS My dogs are not used to crates (both at home & travelling) so would prefer not to introduce these.

Also....I set up the seats for sleeping & have read 'somewhere' that reversing the creates a gap of approx 6" between front & rear when lowered...is this the case? Hmmm...!!!!

I would be grateful for your comments.

Bongo & out! 3H's (Hazel, Herman & Hanz) :D :D :D
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: To reverse the rear seats or not....?

Post by Bob » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:25 pm

When we had estate cars our dogs sat in the back and seemed to face whichever way suited them, can't see it being a problem if you don't tell them. :wink:

Do you have the long rails and rear bench or short rails and flip up seats? This will make a difference to the gap.
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:41 pm

My middle seats are reversed Hazel,Charlie travels on that,no problems.

My rear seat butts right up to the middle one,no gap

Dont forget that little lever under the seats to nudge them that extra bit

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
Dr Fingers
Supreme Being

Post by Dr Fingers » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:03 pm

Do you have the long rails and rear bench or short rails and flip up seats? This will make a difference to the gap.[/quote]

Which way does this go? Do short rails/flip up rears have the gap, or long rails/rear bench? Have removed our mids (short rails/flip up rears) but was considering reinstating the mids, reversed and rear facing.

Derek
HazelM
Bongonaut

Post by HazelM » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:09 am

Hi and 'many thanks' for responding.

Am a bit confused over long or short rails....so.... as I look into the Bongo from the rear on the r/h side there is a long rail that runs from behind the drivers seat to the back and on the l/h side it is similar but shorter as that side has the sink etc. Am I correct in thinking that these are 'long rails'? The rear seats flip down.

Thanks for the info on dogs travelling backwards :D (thinking about it perhaps a silly question) and yes, thank you Brian...it took me a while to suss out the lever to close the gap but now :D. I gather the same will apply if the seats are reversed?

I have been considering investing in one of these swivel seats (passenger) but reversing the rear seats may well give me extra room and at no cost.

Thanks again, 3H's :D :D :D
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:30 am

Having flip up rear seats means you will have the short rails unless someone has done a mod.

Long ones can be fitted and there's a 'Fact Sheet' on how to modify them so the middle seat can be fitted either way and still lock.

Having a conversion this may not be worth the hassle, though. :?
HazelM
Bongonaut

Post by HazelM » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:30 pm

Thanks Bob. Will have a look at the 'Fact Sheet'. I have two sons (hopefully 'strong' as I understand the rear seat is heavy) who can have a look with me & between us we will suss out. Again, many thanks.

3H's :D :D :D

Return to “Bongo Furry!”