Exeter laybys??A30???

Stayed at a good site? Or a really poor one? And what about wild camping? Put your comments here.

Moderator: westonwarrior

Nevets
Bongolier

Exeter laybys??A30???

Post by Nevets » Sun May 08, 2011 11:14 am

Myself and a fellow "shed dragger" are on our way down to Pentewen sands cornwall this summer and due to factors like work,kids,etc can't get away til about 5pm
So we need a overnight place to park up around about the exeter area for the night??? Guess time would be 10pm ish

Any ideas? [-o<

Cheers Steve.
I am the only bongo in the village.......(not anymore there's two of us now "Damn it)
RachelTaylor

Re: Exeter laybys??A30???

Post by RachelTaylor » Sun May 08, 2011 6:09 pm

There are various laybys along the A30 that might be worth considering, depending on how far along you want to go. Not sure how close they were to exeter, but we spotted them all along. Didn't actually stop in any, as we were early enough to keep going all the way to Falmouth, but logged the idea for future when birmingham/bristol slow us down.
Also, the Roadchef services seem to be doing 'overnight stops' for caravans/motorhomes for £10 per night.

Rachel
mikexgough
Supreme Being

Post by mikexgough » Sun May 08, 2011 7:43 pm

Here is one long enough for 2 vehicles and sheds Juts on the outskirts of Ex on the 30..... you can street view it too to see if you think it's wide enough... If you were earlier you could have done the CC site the racecourse..
Conversant with Bongo Top Pinion Oil Seals

Bongo owning Velotech Cycle Mechanic
Nevets
Bongolier

Post by Nevets » Mon May 09, 2011 8:14 pm

Thanks guys.. will get on the google maps
I am the only bongo in the village.......(not anymore there's two of us now "Damn it)
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Thu May 19, 2011 10:06 pm

There's a brill diner just off the A30 called "Woody's Diner". There's a lorry park and room to sleep quietly. You take the turning for Okehampton (second one) once you've passed Dartmoor (camping signs for Lydford CC), take a right towards Okehampton and it's on your right. There's petrol and a Little Chef there too.

We always stop there for breakfast when we travel to Cornwall (going down the M5 really early and getting in front of all the caravans and motorhomes that are parked up at the Services). :wink:
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Thu May 26, 2011 8:50 am

As the motorway ends and becomes the A38, bottom of the dip, there is a service area. If you pull in as though you were going in there you use a short length if the old road.

I recon that would suit.
Nevets
Bongolier

Post by Nevets » Thu May 26, 2011 11:04 am

Cheers guys =D>

Return to “Campsites”