Rothiemurchus near Aviemore

Stayed at a good site? Or a really poor one? And what about wild camping? Put your comments here.

Moderator: westonwarrior

feeblecat
Bongolier

Rothiemurchus near Aviemore

Post by feeblecat » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:06 pm

One of the best sites I've been on in ages. Stayed for 8 nights and would have stayed for longer. Campsite set in a lovely wooded setting. Smashing scenery, walks and cycle tracks everywhere. Booked to go back in July for another 8 nights.
charlieD
Bongonaut

Re: Rothiemurchus near Aviemore

Post by charlieD » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:17 am

Hi Feeblecat,

I went on the web site and it said no dogs :cry: but I see from your avatar that you have a dog :D

Whats the truth of the matter then :?:

Or is that a big Cat :shock:
"I tried jogging once but the ice kept falling out of my glass" Dave Lee Roth
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:21 am

That's just up the road from where a few of us are meeting at the beginning of September, details HERE :wink:
feeblecat
Bongolier

Post by feeblecat » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:31 am

Website is a bit unclear and I had to phone to check! If you are staying in the camping area, i.e in a tent then no dogs allowed-something to do with the wildlife I believe! But you can have a dog in the other part for campervans/motorhomes/caravans. Gorgeous site, we have booked to go back in 4 weeks for another 8 nights!
feeblecat
Bongolier

Post by feeblecat » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:11 am

I just noticed post re meet at Glenmore. stayed at this site for an overnight a couple of nights ago. It is also lovely in a lovely area-the two estates are linked. Anyone going to the meet who hasn't been in this area before is in for a treat! I chose Rothiemurchus only because it is a tad smaller, a tad cheaper and, being closer, is less than a two mile walk into Aviemore. both sites are in a stunning location and Glenmore sits beside the loch. whatever site you go to, take your bike!
Bongisland

Post by Bongisland » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:06 am

Re dogs at Rothiemurcus: we were there a few weeks ago and it is a lovely site. However, dogs are only allowed in the campervan area, lots of signs to that effect, which we found a bit restrictive. Most of the site is for tents only, nice and wild with a burn running through it - but no dogs. Having said that, there is limitless space beyond the site. Although we enjoyed our stay I think we'd go for Loch Morlich next time, seemed more flexible, and still a gorgeous setting.

Return to “Campsites”