Caravan Club...

Stayed at a good site? Or a really poor one? And what about wild camping? Put your comments here.

Moderator: westonwarrior

Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Re: Caravan Club...

Post by Bongoplod » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:27 pm

Been a member of the C and CC for 7 years,and was with the CC club for 5.

C and CC club get my vote as the best and it lives up to its nickname of "the friendly club"

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
mikexgough
Supreme Being

Post by mikexgough » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:04 pm

member of both CC & C&CC.... use both sites dependent on area I am visiting..... from my experiences, CC are far more friendly and at ease than the current C&CC site managers/assistants....but then many of the C&CC sites are now Franchised.... :roll:
This year it is C&CC 1... CC... 5... so far
Conversant with Bongo Top Pinion Oil Seals

Bongo owning Velotech Cycle Mechanic
mikexgough
Supreme Being

Post by mikexgough » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:24 pm

Triple/R wrote:~the problem is most people "block book" in Febuary (i think it is) they book as many sites as they can with no deposit then as the time comes,possibly day's before if the weather isn't right,they cancel cus they've got nothing to lose (money wise)
It was December 8th 2010 for this year......I went to book a CC site for a holiday and it was booked for all of the summer......and this was the next day on December 9th... :shock: :shock:

dandemann8
Supreme Being

Post by dandemann8 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:54 pm

Currently pitched on Southport Caravan Club Site which is exclusive to members, this was only booked a month ago but talking to other members they can't believe we got on as its very nearly always fully booked :D

And yes we are Unconverted with no booking in issues again :wink:
Bongo no more........... ;-(
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:57 pm

We're with the C&CC so can't comment on the other but friends of ours who have a car & caravan have been members of both for several years but this year will not be renewing their Caravan Club membership because one of the advantages was the insurance and they've changed car and their new car is "not one of the recommended tow cars" (it's a Peugeot Expert Teepee something MPV) so the CC won't insure it. The other reason is that they often sense an "atmosphere" around them when their five year old son goes out to play on CC sites. Although they try to avoid those and prefer the Certified Locations and have been made welcome at the only rally they have been to (armed with not one but two five year olds) they feel more relaxed at the C&CC sites.

Incidentally, we have had excellent discounts on our ferry crossings through the C&CC :)
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
Four Oaks Bookworm
Bongonaut

Post by Four Oaks Bookworm » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:39 am

Just had a pretty unpleasant experience trying to book onto a C&CC site via their call office in Coventry: apparently because our Bongo isn't converted and isn't registered as a motorhome with DVLA, we aren't allowed on the particular site (Skye), as "we would have everyone turning up and sleeping in their cars" (even though we have blinds, screens, and a full size Khyam driveaway awning): if we turned up and slept in the van, we'd be turfed off the site apparently. :shock: Not impressed (and not inclined to join now either...) :(
alan
Supreme Being

Post by alan » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:31 pm

think that just down to rules camping in skye seem to rember some one on here book in to a camp site on skye as car and tent
take it easy drive a bongo
Bongopoet
Tribal Elder

Post by Bongopoet » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:37 pm

We have booked a weekend through c&cc for a Bongo meet through the call centre and found them more than helpful. I suspect it is that particular camp site rules. We turn up and camp regularly at Sligachan and never have a problem finding a space. Take the Smidge with you though!
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:38 am

Four Oaks Bookworm wrote:Just had a pretty unpleasant experience trying to book onto a C&CC site via their call office in Coventry: apparently because our Bongo isn't converted and isn't registered as a motorhome with DVLA, we aren't allowed on the particular site (Skye), as "we would have everyone turning up and sleeping in their cars" (even though we have blinds, screens, and a full size Khyam driveaway awning): if we turned up and slept in the van, we'd be turfed off the site apparently. :shock: Not impressed (and not inclined to join now either...) :(
As people have said, this may be down to Skye's camping rules but apart from this, it begs the question: 'What is wrong with people turning up and sleeping in their cars'? They're still paying for their pitch, so I don't see what the difference is whether the bongo is converted or not, whether they're sleeping in the bongo or a tent.

Some people!!! :roll:
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:39 am

Jillygumbo wrote:
Four Oaks Bookworm wrote:Just had a pretty unpleasant experience trying to book onto a C&CC site via their call office in Coventry: apparently because our Bongo isn't converted and isn't registered as a motorhome with DVLA, we aren't allowed on the particular site (Skye), as "we would have everyone turning up and sleeping in their cars" (even though we have blinds, screens, and a full size Khyam driveaway awning): if we turned up and slept in the van, we'd be turfed off the site apparently. :shock: Not impressed (and not inclined to join now either...) :(
As people have said, this may be down to Skye's camping rules but apart from this, it begs the question: 'What is wrong with people turning up and sleeping in their cars'? They're still paying for their pitch, so I don't see what the difference is whether the bongo is converted or not, whether they're sleeping in the bongo or a tent.

Some people!!! :roll:
Note to self: never go to Skye's C&CC site!!! :lol:
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
igworm

Post by igworm » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:41 pm

Interestingly enough on page 103 of the August Magazine of the Camping and Caravanning Club there is a photograph taken at the said Skye Club Site and what does it show, you've guessed it, a Bongo and Quecha Base2. You can even read the registration number clearly!!
mikexgough
Supreme Being

Post by mikexgough » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:51 pm

Just done 2 sites.....had to cancel Caravan Club at Cheddar as parents not well but managed to get into C&CC West Runton (which backs onto CC West Runton site :roll: )
So we kept the Knaresborough booking as we were back a week between destinations....

West Runton was on Grass....no problem ....BUT there was.... Now not having a go at the Club as much as Warden's/Site managers/Underlings...... We had a 6m gap between us and unit (tent) as per C&CC rules until we had been on site for 3 days and they left.....the next unit was a Caravan/Discovery/Awning set up.....now remembering I have a Bongo and Outwell Country Road awning which goes 5m x 5m on a 7m x 5 m plot.... =D> :wink: :D so all are happy..... we got back to be facing an ifkin side of a Discovery everytime we exit said awning.......needless to say...not happy....looking straight at the side of an ufkin 4x4...
Knaresborough CC site.....drive in....note from Warden....pick your plot,set up,come see me at 15:30.....so we did.....Hard stand....9m x 9m... :shock: and super all week not over looked etc.....100% improvement from C&CC at West Runton.....PLUS.....£30 LESS for an extra night too..... =D> =D>
These are 2 experiences from the last 3 weeks from me...... and will be writing to C&CC with my grouch....

Return to “Campsites”