Brands Hatch?

Stayed at a good site? Or a really poor one? And what about wild camping? Put your comments here.

Moderator: westonwarrior

splash2

Brands Hatch?

Post by splash2 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:40 pm

Hi,

Booked in for the British Superbikes next weekend - on-circuit camping booked but I can find no information about whether vans are allowed or not. I know, I know - should have checked before making the booking :-(

Anyway. I know there are some bikers on here so I'm hoping someone can put me right.
Diplomat
Supreme Being

Re: Brands Hatch?

Post by Diplomat » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:59 pm

Brands have a huge camping area for major events. I've never seen any suggestion that it is tents only any more than only bikers go to Superbikes.

There may, of course, be a subtle difference between 'on circuit camping' and 'on site camping'. This looks like 'on circuit' with no vans.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9 ... 6K760h8pl4

The camping field I drive past almost daily is on Scratchers Lane on the Northwest side of the circuit.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie= ... 2&t=h&z=15

Frank
My schoolmates idolised Biggles, I wanted to be Alcock & Brown
They flew, I took up naturism
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:00 am

That first picture of Frank's isn't the campsite, it's the general spectator area where someone has put a tent up to use as a sunshade by the look of it. There's definitely no camping allowed there overnight.

The main campsite is fine for cars & vans, see here from the 2005 British Touring Cars event :wink:

egor617
Bongolier

Post by egor617 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:11 pm

Diplomat - i'm heading to brands in oct to watch brit super bikes but on the sat i'm in brighton to see a concert, would you drive to brands campsite after the concert sat night or b&b in brighton and drive to brands on the sunday.
I'm leaving somerset 2pm on the sat, after i finish work.
Diplomat
Supreme Being

Post by Diplomat » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:58 pm

egor617 wrote:Diplomat - i'm heading to brands in oct to watch brit super bikes but on the sat i'm in brighton to see a concert, would you drive to brands campsite after the concert sat night or b&b in brighton and drive to brands on the sunday.
I'm leaving somerset 2pm on the sat, after i finish work.

Difficult. Depends what else you want to do in Brighton!

On balance I would say try and get as near as you can to Brands on the Saturday in order to avoid the Sunday traffic. however you might not be popular pitching up too late unless you just get inside the place, doss down quietly and find a better spot in the morning. Save on the cost of B and B as well. If you have got to wait until breakfast time to realise your full money's worth then you will be late getting to Brands and will definitely hit the queues.

I don't know enough about biker campers to know if they have a riotous Saturday night culture or not!

Frank
My schoolmates idolised Biggles, I wanted to be Alcock & Brown
They flew, I took up naturism
borntobag

Post by borntobag » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:44 am

Whats the verdict with Bongoing at Brands Hatch then?
I am booked in for the BSB triple header showdown in Oct but can find very little info on the camp site.
Any info will be greatly appreciated.
Darrenl
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Darrenl » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:02 pm

I'll be at Brands, travelling up tonight (Friday) i've only ever camped there (5 years ago), first time in the bongo. with the tents they make you park in the car park and then have a van to take you to a tent space - no cars near the tents. So i've no idea where the vans park.

look for a bongo with billabongo stickers and a dorset flag
egor617
Bongolier

Post by egor617 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:15 am

Was yours the black bongo with the caravan?

Return to “Campsites”