Campsite needed near Southville, Bristol

Stayed at a good site? Or a really poor one? And what about wild camping? Put your comments here.

Moderator: westonwarrior

PisceanJoy
Bongolier

Campsite needed near Southville, Bristol

Post by PisceanJoy » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:56 pm

I am going to a folk concert in Southville, Bristol beg of next month Can anyone suggest a campsite/pub car park I can use?
I will be drinking so I want somewhere close by or that has transport to Somerville
Tony C
Bongolier

Re: Campsite needed near Southville, Bristol

Post by Tony C » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:08 pm

Caravan Club sits Baltic Wharf ?
I intend to live forever - so far, so good!
Velocette
Supreme Being

Post by Velocette » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:21 pm

The Aldi Car park might be OK but a bit exposed to Bemmies. I don't think they have 24 hr security, I used to use it for teaching my daughter to drive.

A quiet spot on Spike Island might be an idea, I sometimes see motor homes there and tourbuses from musicals etc. It is the road that goes past where the caravan club campsite is. It is quite hard to get in there from what I've heard, I think it gets booked up.

The layby opposite the Lockside cafe might be a good bet and they do a brilliant breakfast. It is off the beaten track unless you are going to the cafe or the Create Centre.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=BS1+6XL ... 19&vpsrc=6
[url]http://germanshepherdrescue.co.uk/[/url]
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:59 pm

Worth looking at the carparks on Cumberland Road, turn into the Harbour Master's office and the one way system runs you round to the Cottage Inn.

Both are run by Bristol City Council and free, with no time limit.

The road gates are shut at about 23.30, but the Cottage car park can be accessed on foot from the harbour side, immediately adjacent to the CC site.

Other wise have a look at on road parking near the Orchard, CAMRA cider pub of the year recently, near Spike Island as suggested.

Return to “Campsites”