Free Camping

Stayed at a good site? Or a really poor one? And what about wild camping? Put your comments here.

Moderator: westonwarrior

Bob
Supreme Being

Free Camping

Post by Bob » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:41 pm

Looking for a city centre break?

Want free camping?

Simply show up with your tent in central London, Bristol or Bath and find the protesters, explain that you agree with them and pitch up your tent.

You will obviously need to pop into town for supplies so enjoy your night out and Hey Presto - Free Camping.

Doubtless you could start your own protest in other cities. :D :D :D
Nevets
Bongolier

Re: Free Camping

Post by Nevets » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:50 pm

Yep here in notts city centre we also have a free campsite in nottingham's market square,,,, might just roll down this weekend in the bongo- join the unwashed protesters- pop the roof up and crack the cadac out and open a nice shiraz to boot :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

might even let off a few fireworks aswell :lol:
I am the only bongo in the village.......(not anymore there's two of us now "Damn it)
mulshy
Bongolier

Post by mulshy » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:54 am

Why not come up to Glasgow,seems the council up here are providing some lights and toilets
The council will provide temporary fencing, lights and toilets for the protesters in the park. However, it said further negotiations will be required to agree suitable terms and conditions.
Maybe you could negotiate some Electric Hook Ups too :lol:
all the same but different
cazzyblues
Bongolier

Post by cazzyblues » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:07 pm

He he he like your thinking. :D
Cazzy
Art of Wax ( Facebook page)
"Art is a pigment of your imagination". (Darcy Gerdes)
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:33 pm

Well spotted Bob =D> , myself and Mrs D fancy a city break. How about a post in 'fancy meeting up' to see if there is any interest from other Bongo folks? Just an idea but how about a few nights at Dale Farm, then on to St Pauls to bring in the new Year :P If anybody was local they don't even need to sleep over, just park up, book your spot, and if it gets too chilly you could pop home for a waitrose ready meal and a nice bottle of chardonay, before popping back with the papers in the morning for a spot of brunch. :D
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:27 pm

Seems the pics on infra red camera indicate most peeps on the site in Bristol are in fact bunking off home at night. :lol:
slow_n_low
Bongolier

Post by slow_n_low » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:24 pm

Errrr Bob have you forgot bout the congestion charge :?: :D
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:09 am

Doh... ](*,)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
nicstrike
Tribal Elder

Post by nicstrike » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:25 pm

i like the way a lot of the dossers (feel free to substitute a "t" there if you fancy) are yanks! surely they would serve their cause better by sodding off back to whence they originated to and protest against capitalism in the country that leads the field in that line of work? personally , i object to the tax payers money (particularly mine) being used to pander to these pillocks. i'd break out the water cannons on them....i would even give each one a bar of soap to go with it!

a herd (can't think what the collective name for a group of bongos would be) would certainly make an impressive sight in a "protest" camp though , all lined up nose to tail , wagontrain style. we could protest against the cost of diesel , hoses , atf , headgaskets , droplinks etc etc. :D
karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:33 pm

wouldnt water canons be tax payers money -dont worry they will move them on before too long what they havnt told us yet is that its actually the olympic village.
dorsetdave
Bongonaut

Post by dorsetdave » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:11 pm

We had the campers down here in Bournemouth, but i bet if parked on the cliff top car park, put the roof up and stayed the night i would have a ticket on my screen with a £70 fine.
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:36 am

dorsetdave wrote:We had the campers down here in Bournemouth, but i bet if parked on the cliff top car park, put the roof up and stayed the night i would have a ticket on my screen with a £70 fine.

Odd, that.

I just know I'd get fined too. :?
nicstrike
Tribal Elder

Post by nicstrike » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:24 pm

karena wrote:wouldnt water canons be tax payers money -dont worry they will move them on before too long what they havnt told us yet is that its actually the olympic village.
water cannons don't count , because the vast majority of tax payers would not object to their use!
nicstrike
Tribal Elder

Post by nicstrike » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:18 pm

blimey , the met must drive bongos. aparantly they are now looking into buying 3 water cannons!!

Return to “Campsites”