Campsites in the North open at Christmas.

Stayed at a good site? Or a really poor one? And what about wild camping? Put your comments here.

Moderator: westonwarrior

spud350
Bongolier

Campsites in the North open at Christmas.

Post by spud350 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:11 pm

I'd like to spend Christmas Eve/day away. Could wildcamp but do like a shower. Most campsites closed in Oct, but does anyone know of any in the North, preferablty the lakes that are open all year round?

Cheers Spud.
perros huevos
Bongolier

Re: Campsites in the North open at Christmas.

Post by perros huevos » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:53 pm

hi spud upwood at howarth is open over christmas good food,well stocked bar and they have live bands on
chris
spud350
Bongolier

Post by spud350 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:17 pm

Looks quite interesting that one, I'll defo look into it.
PixieAndTheMoon
Supreme Being

Post by PixieAndTheMoon » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:00 pm

Hi Spud,

We are doing something completely different this Christmas and going to Wasdale National Trust Campsite, open all year.

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w- ... asdale.htm

Wasdale Inn Pub is also open 365 days if we get under each others feet. We plan to do our own festivities in our van though. We are really looking forward to it!

Jo x
spud350
Bongolier

Post by spud350 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:29 pm

Reading the reviews it looks quite isolated. I'm not sure I can do a roast on my 1 ring gas cooker. :D Would be putting my winter tyres on for that place though, just in case. :shock:
PixieAndTheMoon
Supreme Being

Post by PixieAndTheMoon » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:11 am

LOL Spud,

It is isolated and we are taking shovels and rubber matting just in case of snow. I have to say we although we still have our lovely Bongo but we will be in a Hymer. If you are well washed, I note you do like a shower and they have some at Wasdale, you are welcome to join us (I Jest) . We have a microwave - as I say if it goes *rse up there is a pub lol,

Friend if you are on your own it is an option. We are very friendly

Jo x
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:54 am

You should get some cracking views of Sca Fell and Scafell Pike from up there, might be a spot of snow too 8)

platty345

Post by platty345 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:37 pm

Wasdale site is a good one, Better off eating in your camper than the pub, Had a meal there when we done scafell pike in the summer, It was bloody awful,
Hope they have changed the so called chef.
spud350
Bongolier

Post by spud350 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:05 pm

PixieAndTheMoon wrote:LOL Spud,

It is isolated and we are taking shovels and rubber matting just in case of snow. I have to say we although we still have our lovely Bongo but we will be in a Hymer. If you are well washed, I note you do like a shower and they have some at Wasdale, you are welcome to join us (I Jest) . We have a microwave - as I say if it goes *rse up there is a pub lol,

Friend if you are on your own it is an option. We are very friendly

Jo x
Well I've never been told I smell so either I don't or people are to polite to say. :shock: However on this occasion I'm not going it alone so thanks for the offer, but it still might be cuppa soup for dinner. #-o :D
PixieAndTheMoon
Supreme Being

Post by PixieAndTheMoon » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:24 pm

Lovely Pic as usual from you Muz, assuming we don't get snowed in on the drive I am so looking forward this Christmas and not being at everyone's beck and call. We are taking my youngest daughter Sarah (23) she is easy going.

Platty it would have been nice to have one meal out, I will heed your warning though thanks. I do however intend to go with all we need for the few day's.

LOL Spud, I hope you have the best cuppa soup ever! Enjoy Christmas friend. I will let you know how ours went or didn't lol

Jo x

Return to “Campsites”