Côte d'Azur?

Stayed at a good site? Or a really poor one? And what about wild camping? Put your comments here.

Moderator: westonwarrior

Nogob
Bongonaut

Côte d'Azur?

Post by Nogob » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:20 pm

Hi

Having done South West France for the last couple of years, we're toying with the idea of the French Riviera for next summer. So I just wondered if any of the wise folk on this forum had and experiences they might be able to share? I'm thinking about route (probably from Calais) suggested stop overs, site recommendations and anything else that might be useful!

Thanks in advance.

Christopher.
fatcatlawyer
Tribal Elder

Re: Côte d'Azur?

Post by fatcatlawyer » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:34 pm

Hi,
Last year when down that way we found a lot of the so called wild camping sites on the coast were clearly signposted to show that campervans were not wanted, in fact you could not park on the coast for mile upon mile. This did not apply to Bongos though.

We found a clean site just inland (about 10 miles or so) on the road to Draguignam not far from Montereux (?) It cost about £15 per night electric hook up and swimming pool with restaurant with free Wi Fi .

Sorry cannot be more precise but there were so few campsites in hat neck of the woods.
Will post again if I locate more details.
Ian G
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:02 pm

Depends which part of the Cote D'Azur. There's loads around Antibes and this is one I've used several times http://www.campingdupylone.com/gb/accueil.html
Also found this site to be very good http://www.residence-campeur.com/htm/ca ... rejus.html with a toilet, shower and washbasin on every pitch 8)
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
Nogob
Bongonaut

Post by Nogob » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:44 am

Thanks both for you replies. Like the idea of the private bathroom, just worry if I'd ever get my teenage daughter to a "normal" site again!

Return to “Campsites”