Does anyone know of a good campsite near Telford?

Stayed at a good site? Or a really poor one? And what about wild camping? Put your comments here.

Moderator: westonwarrior

bongoing-mad-simon
Bongolier

Does anyone know of a good campsite near Telford?

Post by bongoing-mad-simon » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:32 pm

Hi all, just wondered if anyone can recommend a good campsite near Telford , looking to visit this area at the beginning of June .
We usually prefer small campsites such as the camping and caravan club CS sites set in the countryside, must allow dogs and have a toilet but other than that not fussed for facillities . If any one has any recommendations I would be most grateful thanks ...
Simon

I'm Bongoing mad R U?
crazy uncle gray g
Supreme Being

Re: Does anyone know of a good campsite near Telford?

Post by crazy uncle gray g » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:18 pm

:D Hi Simon,

Checking out the pubs in the area as I do, I have come across this before :arrow:
http://www.thewoodbridgeinncoalport.co.uk/home
It could be worth a phone call, it looks like a great spot and it says they do allow camping :-k

Cheers CrAzY
cheers! party on dudes.
JDS
Bongolier

Post by JDS » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:34 pm

Hi Simon
You wont go wrong with the Woodbridge it a fantastic pub right on the river, you can walk from the pub into Ironbridge and all the Major Museums.
Tip of the day buy a passport to all the museums (you can visit all of them as many times as you wish in a year and any you have not visited forever) use Tesco vouchers approx £6 vouchers for a £20 ticket.
Site (field) is very basic with only the pubs facilities but the location more than makes up for this.
Make sure you contact the pub to confirm.
Let us know if you go and we might join you for a pint.
If you need me to check anyhing out let me know.
Ps i promise not to move your guide rope for the Kyham :D :D :D .
Did you know Bob and Linda used to live in Telford?
Dave & Jeanette
Auto-sleeper Broadway EL Duo Motorhome (A very overgrown Bongo)
bongoing-mad-simon
Bongolier

Post by bongoing-mad-simon » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:38 pm

Thanks guys sounds promising will have a look see :D , thanks also for the passport tip and the Tesco clubcard points didn't know about that :wink: , also never knew that Bob n lin lived there lol I'm seeing bob at the weekend I'll have a chat with him , thanks again chaps can always rely on the bongo peeps even the ex ones lol :lol:
Simon

I'm Bongoing mad R U?

Return to “Campsites”