Tour to Scotland

Stayed at a good site? Or a really poor one? And what about wild camping? Put your comments here.

Moderator: westonwarrior

valley boy
Junior Bongonaut

Tour to Scotland

Post by valley boy » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:51 pm

I have the chance to tour Scotland for 9 days in April can someone give me a route and where to stay I will be leaving South Wales Friday morning I wish to break the journey on the way up north of Carlile say (site near a pub) then travel on from there. I have been looking at the caravan club site at Inverness and travelling out from there daily is this a good or a bad idea I would like to end the tour in Edinbourgh the following Friday and Saturday and begin the trek home on Sunday breaking the journey halfway any comments or ideas would be appreciated
dunslair
Supreme Being

Re: Tour to Scotland

Post by dunslair » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:09 pm

Have a search for the team Muz tour of scotland on here. It should give you plenty of ideas. It may be an idea to stop off at Moffat C&CC site to break the journey North, then try the C&CC site in Glencoe for your next stop. it may be an idea to head West when you get to Fort William and tour up the West coast / Skye etc, rather than basing yourself in Inverness. Try Plockton, Inverewe, Applecross, Achmelvich, Durness, winding your way North all the time. If you feel the need John O Groats, before heading down to Inverness, and either accross towards Aberdeen before heading down past Balmoral, or A9 to Aviemore / Cairngorm area. plenty to choose from.

Have fun. :D
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:15 pm

dunslair wrote:Have a search for the team Muz tour of scotland on here. It should give you plenty of ideas.....
2009 tour here: http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... 37&t=34038

2010 tour here: http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... 37&t=43655

:D
RachelTaylor

Post by RachelTaylor » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:35 pm

Definitely recommend the Moffat site as a stop-over point, great site and walkable into the town for pubs & chippy 8)
My main recommendation for Scotland is get a rough idea of the corner that you want to explore - it's a huge country, and if you try to do it all, you'll end up spending all day every day in the van.
Lots to choose from, all stunning in different ways.

Enjoy 8)

Rachel

Return to “Campsites”