Nydie Campsite St. Andrews

Stayed at a good site? Or a really poor one? And what about wild camping? Put your comments here.

Moderator: westonwarrior

petenbex
Bongonaut

Nydie Campsite St. Andrews

Post by petenbex » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:36 pm

Just stayed at Nydie, a small campsite just out of St. Andrews, Fife. It was great one of the few places locally to us where you can have a proper campfire (a must at this time of the year). Run by a lovely woman and great views down into St Andrews and accross the bay.

Me and my Boy stayed in the Bongo and were toastie warm but my brother-in-laws decided they wanted there own space and stayed in eithr end of the tent. I felt very sorry for them (not) this morning when I got up and saw the frost on the ground. :lol: they should have bitten the bullet and spooned for warmth, but there is no telling some people.......

Driver+Passengers
Supreme Being

Re: Nydie Campsite St. Andrews

Post by Driver+Passengers » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:11 am

Nice one! Sounds like you had a good time. I'll take the wee man there sometime.

Duloch Hamlet by Inverkeithing sounds interesting (tents only or a single static for hire though, ie no Bongo).

Matt.
Image Image
What she doesn't know won't hurt me.
briwy
Supreme Being

Post by briwy » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:16 pm

Thanks for the tip off on this.

Our daughter is at the uni there and it costs an arm and leg to get B & B in St Andrews when we go up to see her so we can go in the Bongo and use this site.
Driver+Passengers
Supreme Being

Post by Driver+Passengers » Sun May 13, 2012 10:34 pm

Stunning view (!), and an honest, well kept site.

Spent last night there with the kid. £14 + £4 fire pit hire. Family friendly, but that meant football went on until about half 9 - lots of families there last night. Swings and a slide kept the little 'un occupied while I flew the kite.

Good spot. thanks.
Matt.
Image Image
What she doesn't know won't hurt me.

Return to “Campsites”