Knotlow Farm in the White Peak

Stayed at a good site? Or a really poor one? And what about wild camping? Put your comments here.

Moderator: westonwarrior

turbodave
Bongolier

Knotlow Farm in the White Peak

Post by turbodave » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:21 pm

Hi, Sitting just outside the small village of Flagg, about 6/7 miles south of Buxton, is the campsite known as Knutlow Farm. The site has good facilities, a few electric hook ups, a few Yurts for those of weaker constitution, a teepee, a couple of lodges and a B&B.
It provides pizzas on request, breakfast sarnies if ordered and best of all for me, open fires are allowed..woohoo!
This was my first 2 nights proper in the Bongo , and as we turned up late we were offered a hard standing site for the first night...watched Game of Thrones on a laptop using headphones and copious amounts of red wine and slept well on this really quiet site.
One of the biggest draws to this area is the walking, and along the walks, the large number of quality pubs. We did a long walk through some of the most beautiful rolling valleys, with nothing hardcore, but challenging enough to work up a sweat.
There are probably about 8 pubs in different directions, within 30 minutes walk from the site and some serve fantastic grub.
The Bongo did its job well as did the fire and despite the freezing Saturday night, we slept well!

This is one of the best campsites I have ever stayed at...and the punchline.....its 20 miles from my house! CHECK IT OUT!

Return to “Campsites”