recommend me a campsite!

Stayed at a good site? Or a really poor one? And what about wild camping? Put your comments here.

Moderator: westonwarrior

stefan442
Bongolier

recommend me a campsite!

Post by stefan442 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:42 pm

As above, I plan on taking the bongo away for may bank.holiday weekend for my first trip! Want to test out the awning and cooking equip! Just me and the missus.... want somewhere in the south west where we can go for a nice walk and see some sites. Preferably coastal...

Want it to be a bit of a drive as well, test the bongo on the open road for more than an hour at a time!

Cheers,

Stefan
billybadger
Bongonaut

Re: recommend me a campsite!

Post by billybadger » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:48 pm

I can recommend Ayr campsite in St Ives. I've never been there in a Bongo but I camped there a few years ago and it was excellent, with beautiful views over the sea. Also, I can't think of a specific campsite (there must be loads), but I'm from near Woolacombe in North Devon originally, and that's another beautiful, fantastic place to visit - a great sandy beach and loads to do. Perhaps worth checking out some sites near there.
8etty 8ongo
Tribal Elder

Post by 8etty 8ongo » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:42 pm

hi, have a look at seaview international in boswinger, st austell :D . an absolute gorgeous, clean, spacious place with great amenities. cant wait to go back :D
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:18 pm

Polmanter,St Ives

Nicest site ive ever stayed on,though not the cheapest,Each pitch has its own hedge all round and each has its own water,waste,and tv point and ablolutely spotless facilities
Heated pool,quiet pub,late night snack bar (pizza etc).nice walks all round and a few mins from st ives

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Revi ... gland.html

http://www.polmanter.co.uk/
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:29 am

No contest.

Look in 'Fancy Meeting Up' and you will see a Meet at Eastnor Castle Deer Park, Ledbury.

Not coastal so less traffic, and all the friendship and answers you could possibly want. :D
Poohbear
Tribal Elder

Post by Poohbear » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:22 pm

Don't look any further! You have now found the perfect campsite.

http://www.magiccove.co.uk/index.html

It is in an idyllic location a short walk (less than 5 minutes) from the sea and other facilities; pub, restaurant, 2 x shops. On site facilities are the best I've seen - each pitch has electric hook-up, TV point, tap and drain! The toilet / shower block is close to all pitches and is very clean, modern and has everything you need.

And even with all the above it was the cheapest one we found at only £12.50 for the night. We even stayed a second night as it was so good and cheap too!

Absolutely brilliant!
stefan442
Bongolier

Post by stefan442 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:42 pm

Thanks all few places to look at, the missus is going to give the final verdict. I think some people from her work have been to Woolacombe so she will probably be pushing for that option!
Bainsy
Bongonaut

Post by Bainsy » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:02 pm

Dennis Cove, Padstow is great you can walk to Padstow along the Camel trail in 10mins.
Nigel

New Shape White over Silver V6 LPG JAL Side Conversion Mushroom Roof
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:30 pm

Poohbear wrote:Don't look any further! You have now found the perfect campsite.

http://www.magiccove.co.uk/index.html

It is in an idyllic location a short walk (less than 5 minutes) from the sea and other facilities; pub, restaurant, 2 x shops. On site facilities are the best I've seen - each pitch has electric hook-up, TV point, tap and drain! The toilet / shower block is close to all pitches and is very clean, modern and has everything you need.

And even with all the above it was the cheapest one we found at only £12.50 for the night. We even stayed a second night as it was so good and cheap too!

Absolutely brilliant!
Magic will probably be booked up for the BH weekend, it usually is. Wonderful site though.
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:31 pm

Bob wrote:No contest.

Look in 'Fancy Meeting Up' and you will see a Meet at Eastnor Castle Deer Park, Ledbury.

Not coastal so less traffic, and all the friendship and answers you could possibly want. :D
Yes, this will be a fantastic meet. Nice and quiet, and don't forget your portaloo!
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
stefan442
Bongolier

Post by stefan442 » Sat May 12, 2012 12:12 pm

we ended up going to europa park. Considering we are 25 it wasn't a bad choice, wasn't too loud after 12 and 2 for 1 at the bar was good. And they did an all you can eat full english so i had one before we set off back home. Took the scenic route down through Porlock and Lynton, bongo went up the hills no problemo!

Plus i got there just in time to see Chelsea lift the FA cup :D

I will put up some pics asap, the walk down the beech was nice and I had breaded plaice and chips after a long walk! We ate at the captain table, friendly staff and the weather was nice so we sat outside :)

I made a decision on somewhere to stay in France as well, http://www.campinglespins.com/welcome.html Sent them a message asking about availability. Surrounding area looks beautiful, hopefully make a trip down there in June :)
dobby
Supreme Being

Post by dobby » Sat May 12, 2012 12:56 pm

stefan442 wrote:Thanks all few places to look at, the missus is going to give the final verdict. I think some people from her work have been to Woolacombe so she will probably be pushing for that option!

Woolacombe or Mortehoe gets our vote every year!
stefan442
Bongolier

Post by stefan442 » Mon May 21, 2012 9:39 pm

alan
Supreme Being

Post by alan » Tue May 22, 2012 12:09 am

take it easy drive a bongo

Return to “Campsites”