Chichester Lakeside

Stayed at a good site? Or a really poor one? And what about wild camping? Put your comments here.

Moderator: westonwarrior

Rebiam
Bongolier

Chichester Lakeside

Post by Rebiam » Fri May 04, 2012 12:59 pm

Hi all - friends have booked us on at Chichester Lakeside campsite for a week over the Jubilee. Has anyone actually stayed there as the reviews on trip advisor are shocking! :shock: We are going as a group so entertainment we will provide for ourselves. Not really our sort of site but we have gone with the majority on this one.

Cheers
'98 Green over Silver 4WD AFT

Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film.

g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Chichester Lakeside

Post by g8dhe » Fri May 04, 2012 3:28 pm

Not seen the reviews, but we go past regularly, the Northern field looks very damp with the slightest rain, and there are currently large pools of flooded areas following the last couple of weeks, also this northern field is very VERY close to the A27 Chichester by-pass so noise must be a serious problem at virtually all times. However what the other fields/areas are like I've no idea, but the ground is very flat and totally surrounded by the the old gravel ponds! If you haven't already looked at google maps http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=50.82404 ... 4&t=h&z=16
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Rebiam
Bongolier

Post by Rebiam » Sun May 06, 2012 6:26 pm

Thanks Geoff - all I think I can do is :cry: [-o< !! Better make sure we are as well away from the hedge as possible. I had a look using street view and I can't believe its just a small hedge between the main road and the pitches on the edge. It will be like kipping on the hard shoulder.

g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Sun May 06, 2012 8:22 pm

Yes, we can see the entire field as we go past, and the road is BUSY all 24/7 as its has all the Coast traffic going down it to the M27!
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Rebiam
Bongolier

Post by Rebiam » Wed May 09, 2012 10:15 am

Oh well - wave as you go past!! We will probably be the only Bongo on the site and easy to spot!!

Cheers again for your comments.

Return to “Campsites”