holland and belgium

Stayed at a good site? Or a really poor one? And what about wild camping? Put your comments here.

Moderator: westonwarrior

hilliook

holland and belgium

Post by hilliook » Thu May 24, 2012 11:04 am

Hello
We are spending ten days in holland and belgium in June (for a more interesting journey home to Scotland from the South of England that driving up the M6).

Our normal idea of camping bliss is a field, toilet, tap, maybe shower and dunes / woods / river for the kids to play in. I'm realising that these kinds of campsites are less plentiful in holland and belgium, but was wondering if anyone had any good experiences of camping in belgium and holland they could share? we are up for embracing new experiences!

In particular I am interested to know wheter any aires are suitable for a bongo without loo and also if anyone has been to Camping de roos in holland. Looking at the website it looks lovely, but a bit like a holiday park. any first hand tales much appreciated. :D

Finally can anyone recommend a useful map?

Many thanks!
crazy uncle gray g
Supreme Being

Re: holland and belgium

Post by crazy uncle gray g » Fri May 25, 2012 3:23 pm

:D We went to Belgium in February to tour the sights,
we can highly recommend :arrow: http://www.campingmemling.be/index.php?lang=en
as it is just a 5min bus ride into the centre of beautiful Brugge or a 30 minute walk.
It was also having a new toilet and shower block been built for this season (should be ready now)
Also the campsite at Ypres http://www.jeugdstadion.be/E/index.php just 5 mins stroll from The Menin Gate
and surrounded by tons of history with all the battlefields, absolutely fantastic spot
and I'm sure the kids would find it fascinating, there's also loads of room here with a sports centre and playing fields for them to wear themselves out.
Make sure you also visit Ghent, again it's a lovely place with loads to see.
Whatever you choose to do have a great time.
Sorry didn't get to Holland
Cheers CrAzY
cheers! party on dudes.
hilliook

Post by hilliook » Sun May 27, 2012 9:46 am

Fantastic really helpful and bruges site looks handy for beach too. Keen not to move too often. Thanks so much for taking the time to post.
winchman
Supreme Being

Post by winchman » Sun May 27, 2012 11:38 am

I once spent a day in Edam when the local festival was on and Vollendam just down the road, it was fantastic, what a fantastic place and nice people too.
hilliook

Post by hilliook » Mon May 28, 2012 9:22 pm

Great thanks for the tip, will have a hunt around for accomodation in the edam area.
:D
birtybongo

Post by birtybongo » Wed May 30, 2012 4:25 pm

If it's city tours you want, we spent just over a week at Camping Blaarmeersen just outside Ghent in March this year. Couldn't fault the site, walkable into Ghent and good train links to Brugges etc. Good facilities and easy enough to get to. Lovely people both on site and Belgians in general.
hilliook

Post by hilliook » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:29 pm

Thanks for the ghent tip. I had been looking at this site, but wondering if Ghent wouldn't be entirely kid friendly.

we are off tomorrow, so will post with any further gems on our return :D

Return to “Campsites”