south wales campsites

Stayed at a good site? Or a really poor one? And what about wild camping? Put your comments here.

Moderator: westonwarrior

jutwit
Bongolier

south wales campsites

Post by jutwit » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:54 pm

its my mates bday and a bunch of us want to go fishing over the bank hol weekend, any suggestions for the south wales coast, ideal is to to be 5min walk from a beach or good fishing spot, cant do gower or tenby, llanelli way or there abouts would be good, or any other ideas?
RobEvans
Bongolier

Re: south wales campsites

Post by RobEvans » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:23 pm

We live in Barry there's 2 sites which are near beaches which are porthkerry campsite which is close too porthkerry beach and cold knap beach which are both popular fishing spots. Also fontygerry campsite in Rhoose which is close too the beach and aberthawe beach which is also a popular local fishing spot.
alan
Supreme Being

Post by alan » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:03 am

pembrey country park
take it easy drive a bongo
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:58 am

Shame you can't to Gower, Kennexstone was a great meet... http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/forum/ ... &start=151 :wink:
jutwit
Bongolier

Post by jutwit » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:47 pm

pembrey is no good as not a member of the c+c club, phoned them a while back and they come across as snooty nobs because i dont have a shower and toilet in my van, the gower is out as my mate teaches down there and doesnt want to bump into pupils all weekend
alan
Supreme Being

Post by alan » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:31 pm

jutwit wrote:pembrey is no good as not a member of the c+c club, phoned them a while back and they come across as snooty nobs because i dont have a shower and toilet in my van, the gower is out as my mate teaches down there and doesnt want to bump into pupils all weekend
There a gruop called pembrey family camping and carvaning in the park it slef contact steve 07974 499504 or carl 07974 285224 you dont have to be a member of it think its £14 per night
take it easy drive a bongo

Return to “Campsites”