campsite in devon

Stayed at a good site? Or a really poor one? And what about wild camping? Put your comments here.

Moderator: westonwarrior

DILLIGAF
Bongolier

campsite in devon

Post by DILLIGAF » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:50 pm

As me and the boss are new to the bongo life we went for somewhere near home for our first trip, we chose Newberry valley campsite at ilfracombe, only had four nights to spare as the boss had to work. £77 for the two of us and eric the border terrier, that was for the bongo and a tent (borrowed) our bongo has no conversion, trying to decide on a drive away awning or decent tent so we can take the grandchildren on holiday as well. Newberry was a big suprise, the shower/laundry block was very good, (underfloor heating, plenty of hot water, huge shower rooms and allways spotlessly clean.) the staff could'nt have been more helpfull, also your in the same valley as shaun the wolf man and his sanctuary (featured on tv with Martin clunes) which was erie laying listening to wolves howling.a very quiet campsite, no entertainment but within walking distance of combe martin. all in all a really lovely place and very close to exmoor and some lovely walks but we would'nt take the kids there as i think there would not be enough to keep them busy on site, but we will go back for the peace and quiet.
being a philosopher, i have a problem for every solution.
alan
Supreme Being

Re: campsite in devon

Post by alan » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:32 am

There a nice campsite just down the road from there closer to water mouth castle an backing on to the sawmill pub 8)
called water mouth valley http://www.watermouthpark.co.uk/
take it easy drive a bongo
alan
Supreme Being

Post by alan » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:40 am

have you seen the base tents or base full pop up an in 2 minsready to use an if the kids want to come you can add the inner tent or with the full base up a tent on the side of it. http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/tents/p/Que ... s-Full/521
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fr8_KKGh7c
DILLIGAF
Bongolier

Post by DILLIGAF » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:17 am

thanks for the info on tents and site Alan, watermouth looks ideal for the grandkids but the 220 steps to the beach rules me out (only one lung and that doesn't work that great), imust be going daft as i put newberry in ilfracombe but its in combe martin,(premature senility) that tent looks interesting though, easy to put up and take down. #-o
being a philosopher, i have a problem for every solution.
alan
Supreme Being

Post by alan » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:07 pm

real easy to put up an once you get the hang of taking it down easy too not one of the ceapes but works for us base full for tolet tent an stroges an the older one in her tent

Return to “Campsites”