camping and caravanning club

Stayed at a good site? Or a really poor one? And what about wild camping? Put your comments here.

Moderator: westonwarrior

Diplomat
Supreme Being

Re: camping and caravanning club

Post by Diplomat » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:36 pm

SlowBo wrote:
Lets hope sufficient members email them to try and get some sense back in to the pricing.

In a video they released, they describe this as a "win win" situation! Only for them and their bank, I think!
You can never get anywhere with these 'improvements'. They will just counter it by saying that the vast majority of members have welcomed it.

It's the same with when magazines are changed from being full of interesting content and the letters pages become full of white space and giant quotes halving the amount of published material, they will invariably find space to print a letter saying "I love the new look. Keep it up".

My membership with them is not cost effective but I will continue while I still benefit from the Canoeing section. The Canoe Camping Club, and one or two other sections, reflects what the Camping Club was originally about before it got hijacked by caravanning and D.A. culture. Now the C and CC is more or less a big commercial site owning organisation pretending to be for the members by still providing a framework for those who enjoy holding office.

I'm looking forward to the installation of Julia Bradbury as president. Bellamy should have gone out to grass long ago. Perhaps that presidency was his grass.

Frank
My schoolmates idolised Biggles, I wanted to be Alcock & Brown
They flew, I took up naturism
briwy
Supreme Being

Post by briwy » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:54 pm

I don't think we will renew next year.
The insurance was initially the cheapest around (at least for us) but seems to have gone up with a bump and we haven't used them for the last three years.
The sites are usually well run and in good locations but other non club (CC or C&CC) sites can easily be found on UK campsite or simply by Googling.
I think they are just taking advantage of the fact that over the last few years a lot more people have started camping/caravanning etc due to the recession. Not just clubs either, site fees in general seem to have gone up considerably.
mikexgough
Supreme Being

Post by mikexgough » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:50 pm

We tend to use CC sites these days.... in the Bongo or Bongo plus shed for longer stays
I have booked in to a C&CC site for one weekend this year for the first time in 4 years... :roll: mainly due to their locations for where we are visiting but also they are expensive compared to CC sites...

Yer pays yer money and all that....if there are just 2 adults plus Bongo then a bit of wild camping can be useful but as we have a 14 yr old and odd times a 3 yr old granddaughter plus the dog, we tend to use the club sites... Half Term for us all was only £17 a night inc leccy for the caravan and Bongo...obviously we don't sleep in the Bongo but it is useful for the days out with the facilities built in
Conversant with Bongo Top Pinion Oil Seals

Bongo owning Velotech Cycle Mechanic
New Forest Terrier
Supreme Being

Post by New Forest Terrier » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:42 am

I registered my Eriba with the RAC to be included in my recovery membership. They offered free membership of the Caravan and Camping Club as a perk. I had already paid mine to get get my insurance but its worth it for my next renewal. No extra charge from RAC, they just needed the caravan added.
The BewilderBeast - V6 Mean Green Tintop with LPG and 321 Away Montague Conversion
mikexgough
Supreme Being

Post by mikexgough » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:03 pm

New Forest Terrier wrote:I registered my Eriba with the RAC to be included in my recovery membership. They offered free membership of the Caravan and Camping Club as a perk. I had already paid mine to get get my insurance but its worth it for my next renewal. No extra charge from RAC, they just needed the caravan added.
We have our Bongo,caravan and car all covered with the CC for £100 happy days and guaranteed to be taken to our destination and home again... :D :D \:D/ \:D/
Conversant with Bongo Top Pinion Oil Seals

Bongo owning Velotech Cycle Mechanic

Return to “Campsites”