Advice needed for short break

Stayed at a good site? Or a really poor one? And what about wild camping? Put your comments here.

Moderator: westonwarrior

Daydreamer
Bongonaut

Advice needed for short break

Post by Daydreamer » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:42 pm

My wife's heading away for a few days on family matters and I thought I'd try and get away with my three young boys somewhere quiet and peaceful. We don't need hook ups or large sites and the more quiet the better, we're self sufficient in the Bongo. We live in the SE but can drive anywhere. Kids love forests, coasts, hills, just don't want a large field and lots of noise, with lots of campers Any ideas....Scotland is a touch too far for 3 day break. Thanks for any advice Lawrence
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Advice needed for short break

Post by Bob » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:48 pm

A few of us stayed here

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=toms+field

Last year, brilliant time.
Chris-W
Bongolier

Post by Chris-W » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:27 pm

scanner
Supreme Being

Post by scanner » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:42 pm

From what I've heard that this place should meet your needs

http://www.deersglade.co.uk/
New Forest Terrier
Supreme Being

Post by New Forest Terrier » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:49 pm

I second Tom's Field. Open till the end of October. Hook ups on a first come basis, not bookable. Quiet and peaceful, in a beautiful village, with a network of footpaths leading on to the Priest's Way coastal footpath. Far enough inland not to be exposed to too much wind.

If the quiet gets too much there is a magnificent ruined castle at Corfe and a steam railway from Swanage to Wareham. You can get a bus or walk into Swanage. Plus the Square and Compass at Langton Matravers with its own fossil museum. Just a walk along the Priest's Way.
The BewilderBeast - V6 Mean Green Tintop with LPG and 321 Away Montague Conversion
the1andonly
Tribal Elder

Post by the1andonly » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:02 am

include your location in the profile it'l help others
My favorite site of all time has come via cool camping
if a member of the ccc try their hideaway sites
kingbillybongo
Bongolier

Post by kingbillybongo » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:46 pm

I'd go for reedham ferry in Norfolk,on the broads,great shower block.big adventure for the kids (swallows and amazons) pub right on entrance +a small ferry?short walk along the river into the village?and a train station if you wanted to explore. I.e. Norwich,gt Yarmouth and all the places on the broads from Norwich to Oulton broad which is where I live.only roughly 30 mins from me but use this site for a quick get away.if you like a pub or two there are 3 within close proximity .fishing ,boating ,and plenty of scenery. :D
[color=#0000BF]billybongofreedom[/color]

Return to “Campsites”