Axminster or Charmouth camping (or wild camping) in Decembe?

Stayed at a good site? Or a really poor one? And what about wild camping? Put your comments here.

Moderator: westonwarrior

MW0CBC
Junior Bongonaut

Axminster or Charmouth camping (or wild camping) in Decembe?

Post by MW0CBC » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:14 pm

I'm on a course in Axminster in early December, and need to find somewhere to camp for Sunday through Tuesday nights. Ideally, I would either like somewhere I can park up, in or very close to, Axminster itself, or perhaps Charmouth, because I would like to be near to somewhere I can walk to get a meal and a pint in the evening. A nearby toilet would be a bonus.

I'm not averse to a proper camp site, but all those I've looked at seem to close at the end of October. Can anyone suggest a site, or a spot I can just park up with the Bongo? Pub car park perhaps? The van can be moved during the day - I'll probably need to use it to travel to the course venue anyway.

Thanks in advance.

Denis
jimmo62
Bongolier

Re: Axminster or Charmouth camping (or wild camping) in Dece

Post by jimmo62 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:46 pm

We stayed about a year ago in Charmouth in the car park in St Andrews Drive (near junction with Lower Sea Lane) and had the car park to ourselves. The toilets were clean and stayed open all night and there were no restrictions on overnight stays. It's pretty flat and it was quiet at night.
MW0CBC
Junior Bongonaut

Re: Axminster or Charmouth camping (or wild camping) in Dece

Post by MW0CBC » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:53 pm

Thanks for that - one I shall definitely check out. The plan is to go down the afternoon before my course starts, and see what I can find, so this is on the list.

Cheers
Denis

Return to “Campsites”