Thank You..£150

Lickhill Manor, Stourport on Severn 17 to 22 June

Moderator: Ian

haydn callow
Supreme Being

Thank You..£150

Post by haydn callow » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:10 pm

Great Bash...loads of new friends and plenty of old ones....The Alarm fitting/classes/cards/donations...raised £150 towards the charity I had the "tin" out for.
Many thanks to you all....great effort.
http://www.coolantalarm.co.uk
Developer of the Mazda Bongo Coolant loss Alarm
Also BMW Clocks
westonwarrior
Supreme Being

Re: Thank You..£150

Post by westonwarrior » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:14 pm

No thank you

For all your hard work with a raging soar throat you carried on and did what everyone asked

time for you to take a pat on the back
=D> =D> =D>
Neil954

Post by Neil954 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:16 pm

Second that, very useful class thanks very much Haydn and thanks WestonWarrior for the recommends.

Neil and Burnham Bunch
izzymac

Post by izzymac » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:16 am

I attended one of the maintenance classes, thanks for taking the time to do them. The content was excellent!
haydn callow
Supreme Being

Post by haydn callow » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:42 pm

Update....just recieved a cheque from J Redwood for somthing I must have done at the bash...I must confess I was so busy and not 100% well, that a lot of the weekend went over my head....Anyway...whoever you are..big thanks and we now have £180 to send off.

The Charity by the way is the,
British Retinitis Pigmentosa Society (RP for short)
It caused by a eye gene defect and is heredity..
I was diagnosed when I was 52 and two of my daughters have the defective gene.
It first shows as Night blindness then (in my case) gradual loss of periferal vision untill it ends up with very severe tunnel vision. This is the stage I'm now at. I lost my drivers licience about 10 years ago (so I have never driven a Bongo).
The next stage of the disease, is a gradual loss of the central vision.
The money raised will go to research into this quite rare eye problem and perhaps by the time my daughters start showing the signs (if indeed they do) a cure can be found.
The upside is....my close vision is excellent. (up to 2 ft)

Don't get me wrong hear...I'm very lucky compared to many peeps....just thought you might like to know where your money is going and why..
Also BMW Clocks
haydn callow
Supreme Being

Post by haydn callow » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:50 pm

The £30 was from VIOLETBONGOJO.........I really must write things down.....thanks Jo and everyone else who contributed
Also BMW Clocks
waycar8
Supreme Being

Post by waycar8 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:03 pm

=D> =D> , well done Haydn, and raising money for a worthy cause too.

Couldnt imagine what I would do with out my vision, I had a week eye and need to wear glasses just because one eye was blurred, couldnt cope wearing glasses so payed for laser eye surgery, a bit of a no brainer really, £200 for a descent pair of glases, or £395 for laser eye surgery for my left eye

I am right in thinking you will eventually go blind ?, is this the case for everyone with this disorder?
haydn callow
Supreme Being

Post by haydn callow » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:44 pm

It is a progressive disease and seems to deterioate in fits and starts. It has got worse over the past couple of years...cataracts are also common with this problem and I will need these doing in the near future.... If I live to a great age then I probably will lose all sight but more likely I will always have some useful sight.
Also BMW Clocks
Chris&Gem
Bongolier

Post by Chris&Gem » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:52 pm

Thanks for the bleeding glasses, I mean classes :wink: all good stuff to know =D>
I'm sure all your classes and alarms, etc, keep raising money for a good charity. :wink:
Last edited by Chris&Gem on Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
waycar8
Supreme Being

Post by waycar8 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:55 pm

haydn callow wrote:It is a progressive disease and seems to deterioate in fits and starts. It has got worse over the past couple of years...cataracts are also common with this problem and I will need these doing in the near future.... If I live to a great age then I probably will lose all sight but more likely I will always have some useful sight.
Well some vision is better than non :wink:
haydn callow
Supreme Being

Post by haydn callow » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:15 pm

Strangly enough, I can still play golf twice a week to a 17 H'cap (well ! most of the time).As long as I am with good mates who "spot" my ball for me and point me in the right direction. I am lucky to have a gang of about 30 who all play golf and keep a "eye" out for me.
Also BMW Clocks
waycar8
Supreme Being

Post by waycar8 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:30 pm

haydn callow wrote:Strangly enough, I can still play golf twice a week to a 17 H'cap (well ! most of the time).As long as I am with good mates who "spot" my ball for me and point me in the right direction. I am lucky to have a gang of about 30 who all play golf and keep a "eye" out for me.
:lol: :lol:, hope your not driving the buggy
haydn callow
Supreme Being

Post by haydn callow » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:42 pm

My mates don't let me anymore since I wrote one off in Spain (missed a bridge enterance and ripped a wheel off) Also knocked over a couple of young "frisky" trees that jumped in front of me....Another thing I do quite often is ..buy somthing in a shop and go to pay..only to find I have jumped the Q (I get loads of abuse for that one). Always tripping over small children in supermarkets.

Another good one was in Spain....went to get the Buggy out of the garage and didn't notice it was still on charge....arrived at the 1st tee dragging about 20 meters of cable and all sorts of plugs etc....seems I pulled a whole bank of chargers off the garage wall.
Ah !! well....life has it's funny side.
Also BMW Clocks
waycar8
Supreme Being

Post by waycar8 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:30 pm

haydn callow wrote: life has it's funny side.
It does when you put it like that :lol: :lol: . I use to go to golf on a sunday morning with the lads before we went to the pub to watch footie when I was in my early 20s, Golf is not for me I think my handicap was about 40 over par, we would only do the small 9 hole one :lol: :lol:
wyefish
Bongonaut

Post by wyefish » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:28 pm

I'd like to say a big thank you to Haydn for the instruction on basic Bongo Maintenance and, especially, the class on bleeding the coolant system - priceless!

Return to “Bongo Bash 2009”