Welcome to "Bongoing with Children"

For bongoing parents to discuss issues re: travelling & camping with children.

Moderators: Alison01326, mobilecat

Alison01326
Supreme Being

Welcome to "Bongoing with Children"

Post by Alison01326 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:46 pm

That's welcome to the new "Bongoing with Children" section - you've doubtless had your initiation into the "real world" of Bongoing with Children otherwise you wouldn't be reading this! However, this section is not exclusively for those of us who currently have kids to entertain on our travels, there's bound to be loads of you with experience of travelling with children with or without a Bongo. Even if your offspring are now in their fifties and your grandchildren are adults now, it doesn't stop you sharing hints and tips and dos and don'ts. In fact even if you have never had children and avoid them like the plague, you would even be welcome to share with us those things that irritate you about little people in public (and remember, it's we parents who are to blame, never the children) and some of us might take you seriously :lol:

Anyway, we've been up and running for less than a week and everyone's bursting with things to share which is fantastic.

A couple of thoughts I have had about posting information about a location, whether it be a campsite, an attraction, a kid's playground or wherever, please put as much location detail in as possible (see the LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION! post in the Campsite section). Personally I would also like to see the county mentioned as I for one will travel further from base on a miserable day to find some indoor child-friendly pastime and it would help me, and probably others, if we could perhaps enter a county name in the search facililty and see what comes up. Also, if you spot anything of particular relevance for the littlest ones ie baby swings, shallow ball pool, toddler paddling pool or whatever, that's always handy to know as "child friendly" doesn't always take into account short arms and short legs when it comes to play equipment!!!

As time allows, I shall try and make up a directory of suggested places as a factsheet.

Keep up the good work, folks, and thanks for your initial support with the suggestion for this section.
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
dunslair
Supreme Being

Re: Welcome to "Bongoing with Children"

Post by dunslair » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:13 pm

Could we have a section for 'bongoing with parents'? i found that on a recent trip with my kids and gran and grandad, that it was gran and grandad that took the most effort to amuse, and to prevent from fiddling with things :evil: :evil: if my 7 year old can manage not to play with the blinds when I'm driving...why can't gran :?: :roll: :roll: And as for grandad... he spent the whole trip fiddling with the air con. Never mind at least the kids stopped them from trying to get a round of 'the wheels on the bus going'...

Joy.

Anyone fitted a privacy / noise proof screen between the cab and the first row of seats :?: :wink: :)
Ron Miel
Supreme Being

Post by Ron Miel » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:17 pm

Camp Calpol, thoroughly recommended :evil:
2001-V6-LPG-AFT-black on silver-Imperial Purbeck camper

(Ron miel=honey rum from the Canaries)
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:20 pm

Ron Miel wrote:Camp Calpol, thoroughly recommended :evil:
Even gran can spot Calpol in a pink gin :D :D
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:25 pm

dunslair wrote:Could we have a section for 'bongoing with parents'? i found that on a recent trip with my kids and gran and grandad, that it was gran and grandad that took the most effort to amuse, and to prevent from fiddling with things :evil: :evil: if my 7 year old can manage not to play with the blinds when I'm driving...why can't gran :?: :roll: :roll: And as for grandad... he spent the whole trip fiddling with the air con. Never mind at least the kids stopped them from trying to get a round of 'the wheels on the bus going'...

Joy.

Anyone fitted a privacy / noise proof screen between the cab and the first row of seats :?: :wink: :)
That's terrible, my parents are leading a double life and calling themselves gran and grandad up in the Scottish Borders :lol: They are known as nana and grandpa when they are here. They are also known as "stoppit" and "leaveitalone".

My dentist said some wise words to me the other day when he asked how I was and I answered "frazzled" and whilst I took offence at the first bit, the rest rang so very, very true ...

"You know you are middle aged when your kids and your parents give you equal amount of trouble"

As for a privacy/noise screen, I'd invest in a caravan if it was legal to tow one with people inside it!!

And Calpol - sends the boy sky high in minutes. Can't imagine the chaos if my parents got their hands on any. Medised is good stuff though :twisted:
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:31 pm

Just PMSL Alison :lol: :lol: =D> =D> "Stoppit" & "Leavitalone" brill, my mates husband in France is exactly the same, can't stop fiddling when he's in the back of the bongo :x :lol:
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
jaylee
Supreme Being

Post by jaylee » Sat May 02, 2009 12:12 am

missfixit70 wrote:Just PMSL Alison :lol: :lol: =D> =D> "Stoppit" & "Leavitalone" brill, my mates husband in France is exactly the same, can't stop fiddling when he's in the back of the bongo :x :lol:
I do alot of travelling with my band.. Their the same! :twisted: [-X :lol:
Since the Bongo the bickering's stopped. :D 8) :D
Cheaper by comparison to a race horse...
aitch
Supreme Being

Post by aitch » Mon May 04, 2009 9:43 pm

Anyone fitted a privacy / noise proof screen between the cab and the first row of seats
a dvd player with two screens one on each headrest and wired through the sound system helps and I have the volume switch to turn it up loud to shut them all up!!!!!!
Be nice to everyone they might be nice back.

Come to the dark side we have chocolate dark chocolate

Return to “Bongoing with Children”