Trip Details

Plan and chat about this joint meeting with the Russian Bongo owners club.

Moderator: helen&tony

helen&tony
Supreme Being

Re: Trip Details

Post by helen&tony » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:12 pm

Hi Phil
No...the supermarket is much closer...literally less than 10 minutes. I only know rumour about Hungary / Romania...except Hungary as told by our young friend. The Romanians I have met have been eager and polite...but it is only third hand info. it's like anywhere , really, you have to take care...I'll get some feedback from the campsite owners...they say they are , or were, ardent "Happy Campers" , but I've only met them a couple of times!
I'll be glad to do a supermarket tour for anyone interested...there is a Lidls opening in Gorna Oryahovitsa...and we use Kaufland...summer time they do some lovely fresh speciality salads, and we can't get enough of their pork kebabs...about 6 quid or less for a KILO!!!!!...they are both about 8 KM or less from the camp!.
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
jonnybongo
Junior Bongonaut

Post by jonnybongo » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:55 pm

Hi John and Sara from MAnchester area here, hovering with intent, (well working on persuading co-pilot as well)... Need to just get over a slight 'insurers wanting to write off our bus after a minor bump last week' problem.

Not visited this forum much, depite being members for many a long year. Lost previous log in details, so I'm now Jonnybongo. Quite familiar with Veliko Turnovo area since own a falling down house in general location.

Also, did the drive over in a Transit year before last. Fancy doing it again in a vehicle that isn't trying to kill me. Reckon our Bongo should make it (cf insurance malaise above) since we've replaced most of the prone to fail bits. And some others besides.

The route we took was Harwich, Ostend, Belgium, NL Germany, Austria, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, I seem to recall the total mileage was about 2000 miles each way. clogged it on journey back and did it in 2.5 days. Only to find ferry postponed and co-drivers (and ferry bookers) alerted to this by a phone call to their house, in Cornwall. (d'oh. They weren't home) More later.
Duct tape is like The Force. It has a dark side, a light side, and it holds the world together.
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:25 am

Hi John
I'll add you to the "Hoverers" , and let us know if you firm your plans up, as the campsite will need to know
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
jonnybongo
Junior Bongonaut

Post by jonnybongo » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:56 pm

Will do ... could be a while though, some obstacles in our path right now but the Balkans beckon
Duct tape is like The Force. It has a dark side, a light side, and it holds the world together.
tim & angie
Bongonaut

Post by tim & angie » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:58 pm

Hi

Hope its not too late in the day but we are interested in the trip and would like to be added to the list of 'hoverers'. Need to check holiday dates and finances but it sound like a fantastic trip. Are people planning on meeting at overnight sites en route?

Tim & Angie
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:51 am

Hi Tim and Angie
I'll add you to the list of hoverers, but we will have to know fairly soon what your plans are, as we will have to let the campsite know. It may be possible to add a couple later...I'll ask them , meanwhile , I'll re-write the list over the weekend....
Regarding meeting up, there's plenty of time to organise this, so we'll do that later, as some folk will want to go it solo, however, I suggest that every group stays in touch.
On the Poland trip, I think they found smaller groups were more easily organised!
Cheers
Helen
Sue

Post by Sue » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:30 am

helen&tony wrote:Hi Tim and Angie
I'll add you to the list of hoverers, but we will have to know fairly soon what your plans are, as we will have to let the campsite know. It may be possible to add a couple later...I'll ask them , meanwhile , I'll re-write the list over the weekend....
Regarding meeting up, there's plenty of time to organise this, so we'll do that later, as some folk will want to go it solo, however, I suggest that every group stays in touch.
On the Poland trip, I think they found smaller groups were more easily organised!
Cheers
Helen
So looking forward to this trip, the camp site looks great =D> =D> well done, be nice to get some warm weather too...
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:39 pm

Hi
I have an updated list of who's coming to Bulgaria, I had planned to post today, but last night the gypsies cut our internet cable to our antenna over the road where we get a better signal :evil: :evil:
They were trying to get at the copper overhead mains cables which they weigh in for scrap....The same bunch come round regularly, and nick the copper, so the Electric Company have wised up and replace with alloy wires... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anyway, should be back on Monday, but using the wireless dongle at the mo. and Tony needs to get on to work, so we're sharing
TaTa For Now
Cheers
Helen
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:18 am

Hi
O.K. Got the internet cable sorted, so here's the updated list of who's coming:
Cumbria Bongobulls
Maxmataz
The Greenman
Nobbysnuts
Rhinoman
Sue
Spikethorne
Freewheeler
Niko
Bongoterre

Hoverers still;
Wormey
bongomadness
Jaylee
Johnnybongo
Tim & Angie

I will confirm 10 places with the campsite next week, and see if we can add if people decide within the next fe weeks
Cheers
Helen
CumbriaBongoBulls
Junior Bongonaut

Post by CumbriaBongoBulls » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:06 pm

Hi Helen,
That looks like a good collection of UK Bongos. We are really looking forward to the trip. We have another trip planned in May to Northern Germany, so we will be doing a good mileage in our Ford Freda for 2011.
Sorry to read that you have had problems with the Gypsies. Hope your internet connection holds up. We complain that our transfer rate is slow here in rural Cumbria, but we don't expect anyone to steal our telephone cables.
Regards,
Phil
Life is for Living!
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:56 pm

Hi
Yes...it's not a downer on the Gypsies, as we know some nice ones here...but sad to say it always pans out that way....poor wotsits are doomed from day 1...they are always refused employment, are usually badly educated though prejudice, and often shunned, so they steal....
Anyway...yup...the Bongos in Bulgaria trip looks good...I don't know how many are coming from Russia, but there should be fun.
If anyone has anything in particular they want to see, let me know, and I'll find out....
Cheers
Helen
tim & angie
Bongonaut

Post by tim & angie » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:33 pm

Hi Helen, We are still hovering but 98% there, just waiting for approval of my holiday dates. Hope to confirm in next few days. :D
Tim & Angie
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:55 am

Hi Tim & Angie
I hope it pans out O.K. for you....I tried to contact the Site owners yesterday, but they are taking a break at the moment, and the "caretakers" are looking after the place...I'll e-mail them tomorrow, and start them off with a shortlist, and ask if there will be room for a few more!
Cheers
Helen
tim & angie
Bongonaut

Post by tim & angie » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:59 am

Hi helen,
Holiday dates have been given the all clear, kids have agreed to look after dogs and house; so we are hot to trot for the Bulgaria trip, please count us in as definate UK Bongonoughts!!! :D

Tim & Angie
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:19 am

Hi
Tim & Angie
Excellent...I e-mailed the campsite last night, and let them know thes core...they come back from England today, so i'll start firming up bookings with them soon
Cheers
Helen

Return to “Bulgaria 2011”