So...Who's up for the 2010 big bash then?

Be part of the big one! Over 250 Bongos in 1 field! Live bands and much more! Lickhill Manor, Stourport on Severn, Worcs, Wed 16 to Sun 21 June.

Moderator: Ian

mikexgough
Supreme Being

Re: So...Who's up for the 2010 big bash then?

Post by mikexgough » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:00 pm

yes I will be there......not doing Le Mans this year so I will do the whole event.... \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ .......

Hazel & Rachel will have to follow on the Friday.... :lol:
Conversant with Bongo Top Pinion Oil Seals

Bongo owning Velotech Cycle Mechanic
dobby
Supreme Being

Post by dobby » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:24 pm

I'm sure we'll be there this year. It's our 2nd bash in 5 years of having a bongo.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:37 pm

mister munkey wrote:Not sure yet.

I'm due in Tooting that weekend for my final examination course.

I'm learning how to thread the bristles into the ends of toothbrushes you see, another passion that sometimes overpowers the Bongo urges.

I'll have to ask ABTA, the Association of British Toothbrush Artistes, if they can re-schedule.

:|
Ah yes - the almost extinct craft of toothbrushholesmanship, as once demonstrated to the Mayor of Balham by Peter Sellers in his immortal travelogue sketch "Balham - gateway to the south". I can recite the whole sketch for you, if you remind me when next we meet.

The Bash? Yes, I think I'll go.................it'd be rude not to :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS - highly recommended, by the way, if you're new and have not been. Its a wonderful greenfield site and the atmosphere is totally relaxing, with wonderful onsite entertainment that doesn't bother you if you don't want to bother with it :wink:
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:56 pm

Mike, you beat me to it!! Excellent sketch - love Peter Sellers. Zigi and I had his version of "Unchained Melody" at our wedding :lol:

Anyway, back on topic. Hoping to be at the Bash if I remember to book in time. It will be our first, and probably our last as the boy will start school in September Image

I shall be compiling two "hit lists" - one of all the people I want to try and meet because I want to see if I they are as I imagine them to be and one of all the people who have done practical things to their Bongos that I want to look at. In particular anyone with Wembley style floodlighting to the rear so that I can copy them and thus prevent further instances of stuffing my tow ball through other people's front numberplates in the dark :oops:

In reality I will speak to no-one except my son. I will be the mad one chasing round the campsite shouting "Isaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaac - PAINTWORK" and then the disappointed one putting up a post when we get home saying how sorry I was that I didn't speak to anyone. Need to persuade the other half to come with us, really but as he doesn't even want to go to a skittles night with one of his car clubs about 12 miles away, it's going to take some doing.
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:20 am

Alison01326 wrote:Mike, you beat me to it!! Excellent sketch - love Peter Sellers. Zigi and I had his version of "Unchained Melody" at our wedding :lol:

Anyway, back on topic. Hoping to be at the Bash if I remember to book in time. It will be our first, and probably our last as the boy will start school in September Image

I shall be compiling two "hit lists" - one of all the people I want to try and meet because I want to see if I they are as I imagine them to be and one of all the people who have done practical things to their Bongos that I want to look at. In particular anyone with Wembley style floodlighting to the rear so that I can copy them and thus prevent further instances of stuffing my tow ball through other people's front numberplates in the dark :oops:

In reality I will speak to no-one except my son. I will be the mad one chasing round the campsite shouting "Isaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaac - PAINTWORK" and then the disappointed one putting up a post when we get home saying how sorry I was that I didn't speak to anyone. Need to persuade the other half to come with us, really but as he doesn't even want to go to a skittles night with one of his car clubs about 12 miles away, it's going to take some doing.
Fantastic - you know this album too (Aunty Rotter Home for Orphans etc. etc. - all classic stuff).

I'm like you. I may have an idea I will meet a lot of people but by the time I've cooked, chilled out, and chatted to whoever happens to be near me (oh and got out for the day on Saturday) there's loads of people I should have said hello to but just never managed to. Buy hey, we're there to relax! 8)
daveblueozzie
Supreme Being

Post by daveblueozzie » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:21 am

I suppose i could be dragged there again for another fun filled 5 days #-o :lol: :lol: :lol:
I love the big bash, you meet the people behind the forum names.
barbeque's, concerts, outings to wherever, and BONGO'S, brill company, invites to tents and caravans and BONGO'S and food and drink, and did i mention BONGO'S. #-o =D> =D> =D> =D>
Lost without my Bongo.
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:22 am

Are there going to be any Bongos there, Dave?

Mike - the album is my Dad's and is very precious so I don't often have the honour of listening to it. Aunty Rotter. Yes - something about little hatchets and throwing people down the stairs?
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
Mazz

Post by Mazz » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:57 pm

Well considering a bongo purchase is 100% on the cards \:D/
we will be joining up as full members, and if this event dose not clash with anyother, then i think you can count us in 8)
TINCA TINCA

Post by TINCA TINCA » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:14 pm

Alison01326 wrote:
Need to persuade the other half to come with us, really but as he doesn't even want to go to a skittles night with one of his car clubs about 12 miles away, it's going to take some doing.
Same problem with me Alison........Mind you your other half might be thinking he will have 5 days peace from you shouting Isaaaaaaaaaaaac eh? :lol: :lol:

I have just googled the directions from Kent to Stourport and before this was thinking....."Mmmmmmm that is too far for us to travel 194 miles away" then I slapped myself and thought we travel to Weston Super Mare nearly 5 or 6 times a year to see our daughters which is 208 miles from us. :roll: :roll:

Will have to see what is occurring on those dates and persuading Hubby to join in.
Stinch

Post by Stinch » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:04 pm

We missed out last year as we were on honeymoon.
We are expecting at the end of march, hopefully it will be a Bongo baby and will like camping. If not a day visit?
cabte
Supreme Being

Post by cabte » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:51 pm

Do you need to ask,, we will be there but this time with the new addition,
TEONA,,
And might have the new bongo by then,
bongomadness

Post by bongomadness » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:14 am

I would certainly like to go plus i love being nosey looking at other peoples Bongos lol Will let you know if its a definate go go :)
kev&caz
Bongonaut

Post by kev&caz » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:27 am

Hi all,
We will be there looking forward to it. Janner I still want your alloys?
:mrgreen: :lol: :lol:
bongobaz
Tribal Elder

Post by bongobaz » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:36 am

Im up for it with knobs on first one last year had a ball.
Always be ready for a Top Up!
mikexgough
Supreme Being

Post by mikexgough » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:01 pm

As SWMBO has given me the green light to attend all week, I will solo until the Friday evening as Rachel is on a School trip... :wink:

So Mr Bongomeister....... I will be available for duty...... :D :D
Conversant with Bongo Top Pinion Oil Seals

Bongo owning Velotech Cycle Mechanic

Return to “Bongo Bash 2010”