Coming home from the bash........

Be part of the big one! Over 250 Bongos in 1 field! Live bands and much more! Lickhill Manor, Stourport on Severn, Worcs, Wed 16 to Sun 21 June.

Moderator: Ian

dobby
Supreme Being

Re: Coming home from the bash........

Post by dobby » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:28 pm

Sure they weren't south bounders dazzled by the bling :D
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:29 pm

If it makes you all feel any better, the traffic going northbound on the M5 (the opposite direction from the way we were going :lol: ) was very slow moving indeed for miles and miles and miles. Some of those poor souls would have eventually ended up stuck on the M6 too, so at least you weren't them :?

Took us five hours to get home too, but then, it was supposed to :lol:
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
mister munkey
Supreme Being

Post by mister munkey » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:36 pm

We left about 7.30 after a useful heads up re the M6 & came back up through Brum & up the M1. Even so still didn't get home 'till half eleven & not to bed until one AM & back up for work at 5.30 this morning.

Was relieved to discover that today was the longest of the year, 'cos it didn't half feel it!!

:|
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/MisterMunkey
Harry
Supreme Being

Post by Harry » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:42 pm

Thanks DBO and the NW crews that tipped me off after I'd spent 5.5 hours getting down the M6/M5 on Friday afternoon I took the scenic route home via Kiddiminster/Bridgenorth/ Shrewsbury then the A49 up through Shropshire and Cheshire to Warrington befor joining the M6 for a fast run up to the Lakes. Excluding my extended lunchbreak at the excellent 'Raven'
transport cafe at Prees Heath the jouney time home to the Lakes was 4hrs 15min. Not one traffic jam or hold up except for the occasional tractor and maintained a steady pace despite towing the shed.
All through picturesque countryside.

Magic! :P :P :P :P :P :P

H 8)
http://watcherswildlife.co.uk

Towing a shed with a Citroen C4 Picasso 1.6hdi vtr+
carlioll
Bongonaut

Post by carlioll » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:38 pm

Went round to see Andandden today -they aint back yet. must have been some traffic jam on the M6 !!!!!
Harry
Supreme Being

Post by Harry » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:28 am

They are camping it up with cabte somewhere darn sarf =D> =D>

H 8)
http://watcherswildlife.co.uk

Towing a shed with a Citroen C4 Picasso 1.6hdi vtr+
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:23 pm

My journey home on wednesday afternoon was fantastic, apparantly there was some sort of football match on which meant I got home in just over 3 hours as the roads were pretty much deserted 8) , & that was towing a trailer full of logs :wink: Only just made it before it threw another coolant based wobbly - AGAIN :evil:
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:27 pm

missfixit70 wrote:My journey home on wednesday afternoon was fantastic, apparantly there was some sort of football match on which meant I got home in just over 3 hours as the roads were pretty much deserted 8) , & that was towing a trailer full of logs :wink: Only just made it before it threw another coolant based wobbly - AGAIN :evil:
Wonder where those logs came from? :lol:
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:31 pm

Jillygumbo wrote:
missfixit70 wrote:My journey home on wednesday afternoon was fantastic, apparantly there was some sort of football match on which meant I got home in just over 3 hours as the roads were pretty much deserted 8) , & that was towing a trailer full of logs :wink: Only just made it before it threw another coolant based wobbly - AGAIN :evil:
Wonder where those logs came from? :lol:
I did ask David & Isabelle first :wink: Just wish I coulda brought more - I did bring one of the big hollow ones back for a planter for Mum's garden - had to be nice to her as the bash fell on her birthday yet again (3rd year running I haven't been there for her birthday :oops: )
Debs and David
Tribal Elder

Post by Debs and David » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:41 pm

You could always give your mum a treat for her birthday Kirsty and bring her to the bash next year. Would she not like that?

:lol: :lol:
Debs & David

You Need Degas to Make De Van Gogh
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:49 pm

Debs and David wrote:You could always give your mum a treat for her birthday Kirsty and bring her to the bash next year. Would she not like that?

:lol: :lol:
She doesn't do camping anymore, certainly not in the cramped confines of a bongo, as much as I love her, we'd kill each other after a day I think :lol:

Return to “Bongo Bash 2010”