AGM Minutes

Be part of the big one! Over 250 Bongos in 1 field! Live bands and much more! Lickhill Manor, Stourport on Severn, Worcs, Wed 16 to Sun 21 June.

Moderator: Ian

Ian
Supreme Being

AGM Minutes

Post by Ian » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:04 pm

Here's a brief report back from the AGM.

Matters Arising From 2009

Suppliers have been found for rear wheel arches (see http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/fox_archives.htm#body)
The members survey was conducted and results published in newsletter Edition 26 (see http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/member ... 3.htm#news)
The Bongo Relay and Bongpages services have been introduced.
Wiring manuals are now available for download ( see http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/member ... #databases)

Financial Report

For the year ending 31 March 2010 the club received £51,923 and spent £49,354. This left a surplus of £1,569. These figures do not include the Bongo Shop which is run separately.

Special Awards

Geoff Mather was given the Bongomaster's Special Prize for his work on the downloadable wiring manuals. Kirsty Elliot was a popular choice for Bongonaut of the year.

Disabled Slots at Club Meetings

It was agreed that 10% of available electric hook-ups (6 at Stourport, 7 at Bongo Fest South West) would be held back for 24 hours for people with special needs. If unallocated these would be returned to the general pool.

Rule Change

A new rule was introduced. (see http://www.igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/member ... .htm#rules for full revised rules)

Rule 1.1 (1) (e) If you are travelling in (or on) a non-motorised form of transport and you spot a Bongo, you should raise your arm and open and close 4 fingers over the thumb. This should be done in a bold manner so it is not confused with any other gestures.

The passing of this rule means that Rule 1.1 (1) (b) will be amended.

Any Other Business

There was a further proposed rule change, the introduction of Rule 1.1 (1) (f), which was what should the correct response be to rule 1.1 (1) (a)? This was deferred to the next AGM for full discussion.

An issue on vehicle security was raised and it was agreed that Bongo Mission Control would collect chassis numbers from 1 July on all new membership applications and renewals. This way a check can be carried out if Bongos are reported stolen.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: AGM Minutes

Post by Bob » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:05 pm

A full and accurate record.

Kirsty was indeed a very popular choice. =D>
aitch
Supreme Being

Post by aitch » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:20 pm

Thanks for the feedback Ian. =D> =D>

Well done Kirsty =D> =D> =D>
Be nice to everyone they might be nice back.

Come to the dark side we have chocolate dark chocolate
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:23 am

No mention of my proposal for a £5 per meet levy on non bongos to go to a nominated charity I see :-" :wink:
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:51 am

There was no seconder for that motion as far as I recall........ [-(
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
dandywarhol
Supreme Being

Post by dandywarhol » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:16 pm

I second it by proxy - the same charity fund should be used when kind hearted and generous members donate bits and bobs free of charge to other members. :D
Whale oil beef hooked
Renault Lunar Telstar
Yamaha TD1C 250, Merc SLK200, KTM Duke 690
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:24 pm

dandywarhol wrote:I second it by proxy - the same charity fund should be used when kind hearted and generous members donate bits and bobs free of charge to other members. :D
I don't think it's anything to do with being kind-hearted and generous - just a way of getting a fiver off Ian for turning up in a TOYOTA :roll:
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:01 pm

Ian wrote:There was no seconder for that motion as far as I recall........ [-(
As I recall, it wasn't really given the chance, despite receiving a round of applause :wink:
Doone
Supreme Being

Post by Doone » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:36 pm

I'm confused by the rules... remind me... what's the correct greeting/response to someone driving a TOYOTA? :shock:
Allan's closed. We recommend PGS (Plymouth Garage Services) or Mayflower Auto Services in Plymouth.
dandywarhol
Supreme Being

Post by dandywarhol » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:32 pm

Ooooooooooooooh ya bitches - :roll:
Whale oil beef hooked
Renault Lunar Telstar
Yamaha TD1C 250, Merc SLK200, KTM Duke 690
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:37 pm

Doone wrote:I'm confused by the rules... remind me... what's the correct greeting/response to someone driving a TOYOTA? :shock:
I think it's close to the new rule but with the thumb & fingers joining with a side to side motion of the hand :wink:
Although I hear a rumour that the bongomeister may have been shamed into buying another bongo :P
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:18 pm

I thought the greeting to a toyota driver was pointing to the wheels of the vehicle whilst looking shocked so's to remind the driver of said toyota to dab his brakes to ensure they still actually work! :lol:
ビッグダディケイン RIP Big Bank Hank (Imp the Dimp) 1957-2014

Return to “Bongo Bash 2010”