Original aerial required

If you are a private individual and are breaking a Bongo for parts, post brief details here. Once posted, the thread will be locked and all correspondence must be by PM or email. You can request a moderator unlock the thread for you to post an update.

NO TRADE! Trade ads must be placed on the main website 'For Sale' page http://igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/bongo.htm

Moderator: francophile1947

Roy748
Bongolier

Original aerial required

Post by Roy748 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:21 pm

Hello all
Just backed the bongo under the carport having fully cleaned the van and aired the AFT and managed to catch the aerial on the car port. Blast...
Anyone have an original one for sale, £45 on ebay is rather expensive considering I dont use the radio much. But do want to keep it original.
Thanks in advance
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Original aerial required

Post by Bob » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:37 pm

Bongo Shop does them. :wink:

Don't forget Club discount. 8)
Roy748
Bongolier

Post by Roy748 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:21 pm

Hello Bob
Thanks for the suggestion, I was hoping someone either has one floating around unused or is breaking their bongi and can sell it cheap. Last resort will look at new if necessary.
Merlot man
Bongolier

Post by Merlot man » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:15 am

Hello Roy
If it's that it broke along the blade , like mine , I fixed it by sliding a 6mm express nail over the two parts and squeezing it onto them , it doesn't look half bad and it's better than spending £40 odd pound ! Ivan send on a photo if you pm me your email address .
If it's a used one your after I'd give bongo spares a buzz .
Hope it works out
Brian
Roy748
Bongolier

Post by Roy748 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:40 pm

Hello Merlot man
I ended up sorting it by cutting the thicker aspect of the aerial below the break, removing the thinner part of the aerial and reinserting that piece down into the remaining thicker part. Applied superglue to the grommet and refixing it held it all in place. Looks exactly the same only it's no longer adjustable. Works though.
Merlot man
Bongolier

Post by Merlot man » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:35 pm

Great to hear you got it sorted, it's sounds neater then my solution :lol:
We all seem to finding projects to do on the bongo !
Brian

Return to “Breaking Bongos”