Rims

If you are a private individual and are breaking a Bongo for parts, post brief details here. Once posted, the thread will be locked and all correspondence must be by PM or email. You can request a moderator unlock the thread for you to post an update.

NO TRADE! Trade ads must be placed on the main website 'For Sale' page http://igmaynard.co.uk/bongo/bongo.htm

Moderator: francophile1947

The_Celtic_Wanderer
Apprentice Bongonaut

Rims

Post by The_Celtic_Wanderer » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:16 pm

Hi All,

I purchase my Ford Freda back in August 2020 and having looked at the spare wheel under the van, I need to replace it as its more rust than steel before heading too far in the van during the summer (I am hoping lockdown3.0 will be lifted by then). A am looking for a new steel wheel, to go under the van and I thought about looking at the local scrap yards does anyone know of a make and model of a car that fit wheels that will fit the standard 15 inch Bongo/Freda? ( Do not say Mazda Bongo / Ford Freda)

Cheers

Celtic
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Rims

Post by g8dhe » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:52 pm

Welcome,
Check here, FB and eBay as a lot of people change them for alloys and hence have them spare, also the breakers of course.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:19 pm

Hi

There are car rims which will fit, but are not strong enough for the Freda/Bongo's weight, so Geoff's advice is good.
DaveH76
Junior Bongonaut

Post by DaveH76 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:53 am

I had the same issue and predicament last year after I bought mine. I ended up buying a full size wheel and tyre from Bongo Spares for £40 and painted black Hammerite on the rim before fitting it underneath.

Return to “Breaking Bongos”