A Big Thanks...

This year's event will be scaled down but it gives us a chance to get out!

Moderator: Ian

Manny
Bongolier

Re: A Big Thanks...

Post by Manny » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:27 pm

I know its all been said already but I repeat. Thanks to Ian and TEAM BONGOFURY for a very good bash. =D> Good to see so many people enjoying themselves even the Iron Bridge trip (that never was :? ) was good. Wonderful to see old friends and make new ones.

Manny and Pat
A Bongo by any other name would still drive as sweet.
Neil954

Post by Neil954 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 pm

Just like to give our thanks to all involved in organising and running another Bash, we all had a great time yet agian.
Cheers. =D> =D> =D> =D>
Neil, Karen and Tom
jaylee
Supreme Being

Post by jaylee » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:44 am

=D> Another winner of a bash...!! 8) Cant fault it.. Came away looking like Hellboy after catching the sun! :mrgreen:
Cheaper by comparison to a race horse...
jaylee
Supreme Being

Post by jaylee » Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:53 am

Poohbear wrote:As newbies to BF and to the Bash we thought there could have been a little bit more information about what was on and where. I still have no idea when the auction was, although I assume it was in the marquee, and I have no idea when or where the Bongonaut of the Year award was presented? We chatted to a few people that were pitched near us but I think perhaps the bash is the wrong place to get to know people because of the fact that there are just so many people there. We enjoyed ourselves and will definitely book again but we are hoping to get to know a few more people at some of the smaller meets so that we can perhaps feel a bit more part of the rally. There did also seem to be a significant number of ignorant people that don't say hello or Good Morning when you speak to them in passing. It was really great to see so many Bongos together in one place and the campsite is in a lovely location.
Sorry to hear about your experience Pooh, were you wearing a short red shirt & no trousers perchance?? :wink:
Cheaper by comparison to a race horse...
dobby
Supreme Being

Post by dobby » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:06 pm

bigdaddycain wrote:I knew who you were anyway Graham... Love the avatar by the way :lol:
Cheers, Mr Widdowson's handiwork!

Did you get the rest of the ali slivers out of the wheel rim? Maybe you could fill the void around the valve hole with silicon sealant and then seal the rim with insulating tape as wheel as the rim tape?
dobby
Supreme Being

Post by dobby » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:09 pm

umbongocat wrote:This was our first Annual Bash and we had a great time. But I agree with Pooh, that it's hard if you're new to meet people at such a big bash. We started off by going to little meets where we've met some great friends :)

Meant to say hello but you were getting a lost 'item' back from Harry and Baz at the time and it seemed rude to interrupt :lol:
umbongocat
Supreme Being

Post by umbongocat » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:48 am

dobby wrote:
umbongocat wrote:This was our first Annual Bash and we had a great time. But I agree with Pooh, that it's hard if you're new to meet people at such a big bash. We started off by going to little meets where we've met some great friends :)

Meant to say hello but you were getting a lost 'item' back from Harry and Baz at the time and it seemed rude to interrupt :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: So little time to say hi to everyone. Had a great time despite the little embarrassing hiccup.. :lol: :lol:
I love cheese!
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:04 am

Triple/R wrote:Yeah~this was our third~well done for everyone involved in organising it, & the stewards,although we were a bit cramped for space on leccy side but still enjoyed it.
We certainly were, although we had some lovely neighbours :D

We had a thoroughly enjoyable Bash, though (our second and we are already looking forward to next year). A huge thanks to Ian & the Team (behind the scenes and visible) for a fantastic long weekend. We enjoyed both bands although I have to say that although I generally prefer rock music, the Happy Cats create such a real feelgood atmosphere that they were once again the highlight of the weekend.

As with everyone else, I either didn't find some of the people I wanted to say hello to, or didn't have time, and I feel I spent too little time with most of the people I did catch up with (so I hope I didn't seem rude - you know who you are!). It also appears my list was not the most up to date one so I had a lovely surprise when Steve (Widdowson) turned up to say hello and stopped for a cuppa (and I could thank the man personaly for my lovely avatar :D )

Thanks umbongocat for introducing yourself so early, thus giving me ample time to make it to the opposite end of the field to have a look at your roof bed/floor/ceiling whichever way you look at it. Shall be making the long trip to the wild side of Wokingham twixt now and our hols to get mine done.

And I'll apologise here and now for anything Isaac did of which I am not aware (I hope I have apologised to all the drivers he scared). Hopefully he only knocked out one person's tooth over the course of the weekend :lol: :oops:

So. more forum names on vehicles next year AND perhaps if we aren't "at home" we need to have some sort of identification around our persons (if I can't stretch to personalising a tee shirt in time, mine will be a bit of cardboard hung round my neck with a bit of baler twine with my forum name writ large)

Once again, many thanks to all involved in the planning and organisation, and to everyone who attended for making the Bash what it was
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
the janner vanner
Supreme Being

Post by the janner vanner » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:48 pm

Hi all, just like to add our thanks to all concerned, great bash, meet lots of newbees and great to see the ol faithful bongoliers, who turn up year after year.
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
The Janner Vanner
umbongocat
Supreme Being

Post by umbongocat » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:52 pm

Alison01326 wrote: Thanks umbongocat for introducing yourself so early, thus giving me ample time to make it to the opposite end of the field to have a look at your roof bed/floor/ceiling whichever way you look at it. Shall be making the long trip to the wild side of Wokingham twixt now and our hols to get mine done.

I'm at 321 Away now... just getting van MOT'd... they've decided to call it "The Cat Flap" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just seen another one they've done for someone else accept it's even better than as ours as they've covered the metal bits with fabric, making it nice and soft, wish we had thought of that... oh well... still love it and much easier than the stupid hatch in the middle :)
I love cheese!
Debs and David
Tribal Elder

Post by Debs and David » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:27 pm

Alison01326 wrote:

So. more forum names on vehicles next year AND perhaps if we aren't "at home" we need to have some sort of identification around our persons (if I can't stretch to personalising a tee shirt in time, mine will be a bit of cardboard hung round my neck with a bit of baler twine with my forum name writ large)
Alison I think this is a brill idea, not enough of us had forum names displayed in van, ourselves included. Badges of some sort would also be great as we don't spend all our time at our own vans, sometimes we go to the catering van :lol: or the shop for more beer :D
Debs & David

You Need Degas to Make De Van Gogh

Return to “Bongo Bash 2011”