Volkswagon golf camper van Not aloud

This year's event will be scaled down but it gives us a chance to get out!

Moderator: Ian

thedogsbollox.jnr

Volkswagon golf camper van Not aloud

Post by thedogsbollox.jnr » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:08 pm

Omg volkswagon golf campers x3 parked in the bottom left of the park (if u look from the entrance) it's not right. :x
dobby
Supreme Being

Re: Volkswagon golf camper van Not aloud

Post by dobby » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:20 pm

Ah ha, now this raises the debate of allowing non bongo attendees - Healthy debate to follow methinks.... :shock:

PS My new avatar, made by a 'gif-ted and talented' anonymous bongonaut

That's me banned from Putsborough beach :roll:
Last edited by dobby on Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Muffintop

Post by Muffintop » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:25 pm

I noticed them too! perhaps it's a case of "look and learn"?????.....
[-X
Germarchip

Post by Germarchip » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:40 pm

Anyone for vanfest later this year? \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:45 pm

I will! :D I'll paint your caps whilst there! #-o Where was you? :?
ビッグダディケイン RIP Big Bank Hank (Imp the Dimp) 1957-2014
thedogsbollox.jnr

Post by thedogsbollox.jnr » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:53 pm

lol i like the posts guys and for the van fest good idea :lol: . And yes it is a case of look and learn
Chris&Gem
Bongolier

Post by Chris&Gem » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:32 pm

Some of us have had to sell are bongo's, most of you know I came up on my motorbike. Having said that, I dont think i've taken a step backwards and bought a v dub van. I had a t4 before the bongo, sorry not as good :wink:
SilverEther
Bongolier

Post by SilverEther » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:59 pm

Germarchip wrote:Anyone for vanfest later this year? \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

oooh now thats an idea ... :lol:
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:06 pm

There were about 5 (maybe more) bigger motorhomes on site, but everyone I spoke to (Catherine, Dave Lewis, Ian Tallis, Boy from Brazil, bloke I forget) were ex-Bongo owners who still want to be in the club, and want to come to the events, becoz everyone is so friendly. :D
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
Harry
Supreme Being

Post by Harry » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:15 pm

Bongo Fury is a club for the fans of the Mazda Bongo....its not an owners club. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

If you don't like it go and join the dark side :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

H 8)
http://watcherswildlife.co.uk

Towing a shed with a Citroen C4 Picasso 1.6hdi vtr+
Chris&Gem
Bongolier

Post by Chris&Gem » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:33 pm

I second that =D>
nigelgibson
Tribal Elder

Post by nigelgibson » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:38 pm

Relatively new to this forum so.... respect to all and all that. I have however been a club member a while and i'm on my 3rd bongo.

I just think the look and learn bit is right - we look at them and learn and they look at us and learn.

Personally i prefer a bongo but a good mate of mine earns a great living converting VW'S.

I just think we're all like minded really - we love the great outdoors and camping. Should it matter if it's a bongo/vw/coachbuilt ?

Also i note with respect a few VERY well known and long seving members have recently given up bongo ownership - surely it is wrong to ignore their invaluable help/friendship shown during membership? [ and i don't know any of 'em but hope to meet them at some stage !!!!! ]

Having said all the above you do still have to keep up the old 'us and them ' bit of banter !!!!

hope i'm not alone in my thoughts here . :)
scanner
Supreme Being

Post by scanner » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:40 pm

Ian wrote:There were about 5 (maybe more) bigger motorhomes on site, but everyone I spoke to (Catherine, Dave Lewis, Ian Tallis, Boy from Brazil, bloke I forget) were ex-Bongo owners who still want to be in the club, and want to come to the events, becoz everyone is so friendly. :D
There are also several current Bongo owners who have bigger campers/motorhomes as well.
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:43 pm

I think Nigel has summed this up well, bit of friendly banter is good, but really we are all on the same side and should stay friends and give a proper Bongo Fury welcome to all who are interested in Bongos. :D
alant54
Tribal Elder

Post by alant54 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:54 pm

nigelgibson wrote:Relatively new to this forum so.... respect to all and all that. I have however been a club member a while and i'm on my 3rd bongo.

I just think the look and learn bit is right - we look at them and learn and they look at us and learn.

Personally i prefer a bongo but a good mate of mine earns a great living converting VW'S.

I just think we're all like minded really - we love the great outdoors and camping. Should it matter if it's a bongo/vw/coachbuilt ?

Also i note with respect a few VERY well known and long seving members have recently given up bongo ownership - surely it is wrong to ignore their invaluable help/friendship shown during membership? [ and i don't know any of 'em but hope to meet them at some stage !!!!! ]

Having said all the above you do still have to keep up the old 'us and them ' bit of banter !!!!

hope i'm not alone in my thoughts here . :)

Well said Nigel...you are not on your own.....up here in the dark recesses of the North West of the country we had had meets with owners of all variants of vehicles.....and we all share the same theme....love your vehicle whatever the make or history.....you have got to admire VW owners who maintain their V-Dubs immaculately....just like Bongo owners will do as they get older..... =D>

Alan
Alan...still plodding on....!

Return to “Bongo Bash 2011”