Late Night Security - thanks for your cooperation.

This year's event will be scaled down but it gives us a chance to get out!

Moderator: Ian

widdowson2008
Supreme Being

Re: Late Night Security - thanks for your cooperation.

Post by widdowson2008 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:19 pm

Agree with everything that has been said. No excuse for that sort of behaviour. Harry (nor anyone else for that matter) should not have to suffer any abuse, especially when he is effectively alone.
Sad part is, there is ALWAYS one arsehole in a crowd.

However, many thanks Harry. =D>
Steve
Germarchip

Post by Germarchip » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:27 pm

I get the feeling he was a lucky man that night :evil:
haydn callow
Supreme Being

Post by haydn callow » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:08 pm

I know of a 1st time couple who were right in the middle of that lot.....they will not be returning....
http://www.coolantalarm.co.uk
Developer of the Mazda Bongo Coolant loss Alarm
Also BMW Clocks
haydn callow
Supreme Being

Post by haydn callow » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:11 pm

widdowson2008 wrote:Agree with everything that has been said. No excuse for that sort of behaviour. Harry (nor anyone else for that matter) should not have to suffer any abuse, especially when he is effectively alone.
Sad part is, there is ALWAYS one arsehole in a crowd.

However, many thanks Harry. =D>

Unfortunatly the ARSEHOLE in question probably will not be on this forum and so will not be reading this....Even if he is ...he is probably too thick to comprehend......we had a way with peeps like that in the MOB..
Also BMW Clocks
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:25 pm

I sincerely hope this unfortunate incident hasn't put Harry off patrol duty. Harry was extremely gracious with us regarding our light pollution infringement :D he was diligent in his execution of offering advice, and was the typical consummate gentleman he always is.

I'd like to think that the offending chap would be gracious enough to offer his hand to Harry at the next bash if he does indeed return... I'd also like to think that the two of them could embrace each others opinions in an adult and friendly manner... There's no need for any fall-outs, life is just too short! We are all bongo brothers here, we share a certain camaraderie I'd like to think, we're a brotherhood to a greater cause, never have i met in all my life a nicer, sincere bunch of human kindness... In my idyllic outlook on life i let my mind wander and picture a scene in my minds eye where the offender and Harry share a glass of wine whilst sharing life stories with each other, laughing, joking, and basically feeling good about the company in which they share... Surely there's no call in our civilised society to shout the odds to one another when one can merely address a difference in an orderly civil manner? I sincerely hope the above can become a reality... i really do... failing that Harry, if a similar occurrence does transpire in the future, and all avenues of debate and reason are exhausted, then please do pop over to where I'm camped and explain the situation to me... I'll gladly pop over and knock him the fluff out. :wink:
ビッグダディケイン RIP Big Bank Hank (Imp the Dimp) 1957-2014
wormey
Supreme Being

Post by wormey » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:39 pm

Bongoplod wrote:For that behaviour.....ZERO TOLERANCE.....identify him,ban him from the forum,club and meets.

As Harry was acting in an official capacity and not `off his own bat`that type of behaviour and response to a request to keep the noise to a reasonable level cannot be allowed and an example must be set.
Come on Ian,back H up and set the ball rolling!!

Brian

Totally agree, I'm shocked that a fellow member could act like this.

Daz
Daz and debs
bongobaz
Tribal Elder

Post by bongobaz » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:43 pm

I had a prob with this A H on thurs night and moved next day to save my dignity and freedom.
Always be ready for a Top Up!
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:44 pm

The last line of my above post was obviously a joke :wink: But the sentiment wasn't. :wink:
widdowson2008
Supreme Being

Post by widdowson2008 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:46 pm

bigdaddycain wrote:The last line of my above post was obviously a joke :wink: But the sentiment wasn't. :wink:
Are you suuuuuuuuuuure? Bit dissapointed if you didn't mean it. :lol:
Steve
haydn callow
Supreme Being

Post by haydn callow » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:48 pm

bigdaddycain wrote:I sincerely hope this unfortunate incident hasn't put Harry off patrol duty. Harry was extremely gracious with us regarding our light pollution infringement :D he was diligent in his execution of offering advice, and was the typical consummate gentleman he always is.

I'd like to think that the offending chap would be gracious enough to offer his hand to Harry at the next bash if he does indeed return... I'd also like to think that the two of them could embrace each others opinions in an adult and friendly manner... There's no need for any fall-outs, life is just too short! We are all bongo brothers here, we share a certain camaraderie I'd like to think, we're a brotherhood to a greater cause, never have i met in all my life a nicer, sincere bunch of human kindness... In my idyllic outlook on life i let my mind wander and picture a scene in my minds eye where the offender and Harry share a glass of wine whilst sharing life stories with each other, laughing, joking, and basically feeling good about the company in which they share... Surely there's no call in our civilised society to shout the odds to one another when one can merely address a difference in an orderly civil manner? I sincerely hope the above can become a reality... i really do... failing that Harry, if a similar occurrence does transpire in the future, and all avenues of debate and reason are exhausted, then please do pop over to where I'm camped and explain the situation to me... I'll gladly pop over and knock him the fluff out. :wink:

Personally I don't think the hand of forgivness/friendship should be offered in this case...He went beyond the "normal" bad behaviour which can be forgiven and took it into a totally different ballpark......Nothing less than a total BAN...if he were to turn up next year he would be looking for confrontation........our Bash Police do not need that....and who were his drinking mates who should have put a lid on it there and then.....??
Also BMW Clocks
Debs and David
Tribal Elder

Post by Debs and David » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:09 pm

bongobaz wrote:I had a prob with this A H on thurs night and moved next day to save my dignity and freedom.
I had guessed that it was this person, but this has confirmed my suspicions. If there has been trouble with this group of people before then I think he is beyond a warning and should be banned from any future bash. Why should a small number of people spoil it for 500 others. I say ban him, no question about it. :cry:
Debs & David

You Need Degas to Make De Van Gogh
umbongocat
Supreme Being

Post by umbongocat » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:12 pm

bongobaz wrote:I had a prob with this A H on thurs night and moved next day to save my dignity and freedom.
and there was us thinking you just wanted to be near us... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I love cheese!
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:30 pm

We will take the appropriate action once things have calmed down a bit. We are considering other complaints/issues as well.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:38 pm

haydn callow wrote:
bigdaddycain wrote:I sincerely hope this unfortunate incident hasn't put Harry off patrol duty. Harry was extremely gracious with us regarding our light pollution infringement :D he was diligent in his execution of offering advice, and was the typical consummate gentleman he always is.

Personally I don't think the hand of forgivness/friendship should be offered in this case...He went beyond the "normal" bad behaviour which can be forgiven and took it into a totally different ballpark......Nothing less than a total BAN...if he were to turn up next year he would be looking for confrontation........our Bash Police do not need that....and who were his drinking mates who should have put a lid on it there and then.....??
I think you missed the irony of my post a bit there Haydn, i was just being tongue in cheek...

And to be fair, i think the unruly gentleman's behaviour was corralled by one of his colleagues if I've read Harry's post right.
dazlamb
Bongonaut

Post by dazlamb » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:49 pm

That's a shame, it all seemed nice and quiet to me. It was pretty obvious to me as a first timer to the Bongo Bash that it was a civilized family event. Hope you get it sorted, it's obvious the bash is not the place to be rowdy and it doesn't matter where you are you shouldn't be abusive to people helping out.

Return to “Bongo Bash 2011”