My Bash experience

This year's event will be scaled down but it gives us a chance to get out!

Moderator: Ian

mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

My Bash experience

Post by mikeonb4c » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:42 pm

....was modest and quiet, but I just wanted to say what a fantastic gathering this always is. You can do what you like, wear what you like (pyjamas until 3.00pm saturday for me ha ha!), meet who you like, cook wot u like etc. etc. etc. I think that for me, the field at Lickhill comes as near as I'm ever likely to get to the Elysian fields of Greek mythology. I love it.

I had the (now legendary, as they just got Bongoliers of the Year award) for next door neighbours, which was nice, down my the river, where you have to pitch camp between the dog t*rds and keep your eyes peeled, but hey, at least its wild ha ha!

I got to say hello to some good friends, most of whom I remember all hte wrong way round. So Blobber (Alan), became Harry (Hatris :oops: ), Dobby (Graham) a face I knew well but couldn't place :oops: , Muzette transmogrified from Hanna to Joanne (until she politely asked me why I liked to keep calling her that when it wasn't her name :oops: ) and I couldn't remember having met JDS at all before :oops: :oops: etc. etc. It's all very embarrasing and more than a little unsettling (must check out symptoms of Alzheimers).

Yet again, I failed to get over and say hello to Alison, who I really promised myself I'd introduce myself too. Also, Haydn, who always looks busy when I go past, and I don't like to interrupt, I missed Francophile, Aitch, Alant54, and so many others. Managed a brief hello with BDC, DBO, Rushmon, Dabs etc......which was nice. Where was Jaylee though? Never saw him this time. Also, really sorry I didn't get over to spend time with Chell and Ady, as they are good friends of longstanding. etc. etc. etc. I could go on forever. V. glad I managed to catch Mr Munkey, if only briefly, and not literally of course, just a manhug in a public (make sure you don't leave the 'l' out of that word Mike, or you are stuffed) place :lol:

Oh, and I finally managed to say hello to the Janner Vanner - one of the original Bongo blinging legends.

Great to see an increasingly happy, if Bongoless, Boy from Brazil also. Proof positive that there can be a very good life after divorce (which I need to know right now ;-) ). I hope he won't mind me saying that.

Big thanks to mikexgough for picking up my Nomad Uno acquisition for me on his way to the Bash - I'm going to have fun evaluating it as a tailgate awning.

Big BIG thanks to Harry (and Muz, who stood by in reserve) for lending me a gas cylinder. I didnt bring the trailer this year, and must have got distracted while transferring gear to the Bongo, as I extracted all my camping kitchen/cooking stuff (in the p*ssing rain on the Friday night) only to find that I'd forgotten to bring a gas cylinder... noooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I had a single burner, with which my daughter Lucy, on her first visit to any Bongo meet, managed to cook up supper, but without the cylinder that Harry brought across to me in the middle of a very wet night, there would have been no yummy scrummy cooked breakfasts (well brunch, by the time I served them up) for me and Lucy. Thanks Harry - you are a great mate, as ever.

If I've left anyone out, then apologies, and put it down to the Alzheimers. Another truly great outing, topped off with a great rural roads drive home and a pint and dinner with Lucy at The Shroppie Fly, adjacent to the Shroppie Canal at Audlem and highly reocommended for a visit if you are passing.

The Bongo, as ever, performed magnificently. What a motor!

8)

PS - big congrats to the Muzes - a thoroughly well deserved award
umbongocat
Supreme Being

Re: My Bash experience

Post by umbongocat » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:58 pm

Hi Mike,

We came over for a chat with Muz on the Sunday. Was going to introduce myself and say hi and thanks for all the early advice you gave us when we first joined. Didn't get a chance as you seemed to be half naked changing :shock: Thought it was best not to disturb you.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great bash, we had a ball :)
I love cheese!
jaylee
Supreme Being

Post by jaylee » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:53 pm

Mike, i actually came looking for you (twice!) over by your usual spot near the river..? At one point it didn't look like yer Bongo was there?!! Sorry i missed you dude.. :oops: #-o
Cheaper by comparison to a race horse...
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:56 pm

umbongocat wrote:Hi Mike,

We came over for a chat with Muz on the Sunday. Was going to introduce myself and say hi and thanks for all the early advice you gave us when we first joined. Didn't get a chance as you seemed to be half naked changing :shock: Thought it was best not to disturb you.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great bash, we had a ball :)
Ah! So that was you. Yes, I felt so relaxed in Bongo company I didn't bother to get out of my pyjamas most of the day (I reckoned most Bongo peeps clothes look like old pyjamas anyway so noone would notice - got that wrong :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ).

It was great wasn't it. I never thought I'd be the type to do that kind of Bash thing, but now I wouldn't miss it it for anything. Never mind, we'll meet properly one day I'm sure. Happy Bongoing xxxxxxxx
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:38 pm

jaylee wrote:Mike, i actually came looking for you (twice!) over by your usual spot near the river..? At one point it didn't look like yer Bongo was there?!! Sorry i missed you dude.. :oops: #-o
Same here jaylee - I reckon he was trying to avoid us :lol: :lol: :lol:
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
mikexgough
Supreme Being

Post by mikexgough » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:52 pm

many thanks for the wine Mike..... you didn't need to....a future favour would have sufficed.....

See you again in a field somewhere..... or chat on the phone...
Conversant with Bongo Top Pinion Oil Seals

Bongo owning Velotech Cycle Mechanic
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:16 pm

mikexgough wrote:many thanks for the wine Mike..... you didn't need to....a future favour would have sufficed.....

See you again in a field somewhere..... or chat on the phone...
Oh I'll do that too, doncha worry :wink:
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:48 am

francophile1947 wrote:
jaylee wrote:Mike, i actually came looking for you (twice!) over by your usual spot near the river..? At one point it didn't look like yer Bongo was there?!! Sorry i missed you dude.. :oops: #-o
Same here jaylee - I reckon he was trying to avoid us :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thank goodness, I thought it was just me he was trying to avoid (in spite of his assertion in his first post on this thread) :lol:
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
aitch
Supreme Being

Post by aitch » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:40 pm

I missed saying hello to loads of people this year even when "on duty" on the reception there dosn't seem to be enough time!!!! to say hello saw Mike in the distance carring a washing up bowl and when I turned around he had gone
Be nice to everyone they might be nice back.

Come to the dark side we have chocolate dark chocolate
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:26 pm

aitch wrote:I missed saying hello to loads of people this year even when "on duty" on the reception there dosn't seem to be enough time!!!! to say hello saw Mike in the distance carring a washing up bowl and when I turned around he had gone
I went years ago mate - all that was left was for me to dematerialise :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Bongo Bash 2011”