Who are you?

This is the largest gathering of Bongos anywhere in the world and takes place at our spiritual home, Stourport on Severn 20 to 25 June.

Moderator: Ian

stuc
Supreme Being

Who are you?

Post by stuc » Tue May 15, 2012 9:28 pm

Hi this may seem like a daft question but at the Bash is there anyway of knowing who is who? Obviously we talk to each other on here but it would be good to put faces to names. I've never been to a big do before, just one at Silverdale where I met some good folks.
Does anyone put their forum name on the screen or anything like that?
Do what you like.Like what you do.
New Forest Terrier
Supreme Being

Re: Who are you?

Post by New Forest Terrier » Tue May 15, 2012 9:57 pm

I have a magnetic sign with my forum name to stick on the bonnet. Bought as a kit from a cheap shop. Not perfect but it helps. Some people have really elaborate ones. Bongobaz has a great one with his avatar.

Most of the regulars have something and it does help. I can usually be identified by a black and white hell hound following me around. When she has not escaped though :oops: A terrier cross lurcher, hence part of the forum name.
The BewilderBeast - V6 Mean Green Tintop with LPG and 321 Away Montague Conversion
stuc
Supreme Being

Post by stuc » Tue May 15, 2012 10:08 pm

I saw Bongo Baz's at Silverdale, I think I will make something, although it was quite odd as I pulled up at the entrance of Silverdale I was approached straight away and people seemed to know who I was. Really friendly bunch.It would be a shame to travel so far and not meet the peeps off here.
Do what you like.Like what you do.
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Tue May 15, 2012 10:21 pm

Stuc,if you have a printer attached to your PC,just print your forum name on a sheet of A4,and stick it in your windscreen

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Tue May 15, 2012 11:18 pm

We some times have a panda sat in a chair in front of the Bongo.

His name is Willy. 8)
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Wed May 16, 2012 4:35 am

some peeps use a sectional carp rod and a flag on top, baz did at last years bash, the flag was umbongocat's very pretty bra,which when taken down from the flag pole managed quite a few bids at harry's bongo parts auction if i remember right. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . nowt to do with me honest. :)
umbongocat
Supreme Being

Post by umbongocat » Wed May 16, 2012 8:00 am

Northern Bongolow wrote:some peeps use a sectional carp rod and a flag on top, baz did at last years bash, the flag was umbongocat's very pretty bra,which when taken down from the flag pole managed quite a few bids at harry's bongo parts auction if i remember right. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . nowt to do with me honest. :)

:oops: Still bringing up this bad memory :lol:

If we make it ours is a silver van with lots of flowers and ladybirds on it, can't miss it :)
I love cheese!
dandemann8
Supreme Being

Post by dandemann8 » Wed May 16, 2012 9:52 am

umbongocat wrote:
Northern Bongolow wrote:some peeps use a sectional carp rod and a flag on top, baz did at last years bash, the flag was umbongocat's very pretty bra,which when taken down from the flag pole managed quite a few bids at harry's bongo parts auction if i remember right. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . nowt to do with me honest. :)

:oops: Still bringing up this bad memory :lol:

If we make it ours is a silver van with lots of flowers and ladybirds on it, can't miss it :)
Should that be mammory :?: :lol: :lol:
Bongo no more........... ;-(
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Wed May 16, 2012 10:42 am

Don't forget that the Silverdale meet was organised via the forum, the Stourport bash is organised through the main site and a lot of members don't use the forum.
Alison01326
Supreme Being

Post by Alison01326 » Wed May 16, 2012 10:44 am

Ditto the above. I have laminated the A4 sheet with my forum name on it because if it's chily and there's condensation in the Bongo it goes all soggy.

And in addition to those who hang personal items on to carp poles, there are many of us who have distinctive flags too! So that we can find our way back to the Bongo :lol: My avatar used to show a photo of my flags, but it's been cleverly Photoshopped by someone who knows what they are doing and now it looks a bit different (ie I am not flying my son from the flagpole, as it is not strong enough to take his weight).
Alison

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. (G K Chesterton)
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Wed May 16, 2012 11:22 am

Yup printed and laminated sheets showing names and Avatars held in place around the sun visors by elastic, we just slide them around for meets and put the visors down so they show, then slide them back around and put the visors up and they are hidden!
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
bongobaz
Tribal Elder

Post by bongobaz » Wed May 16, 2012 11:39 am

The Bra was replaced by a pair of pants to remind me of home.
Back to original thread,
An A4 sheet laminated or stuck in windscreen should do the trick.
Always be ready for a Top Up!
crazy uncle gray g
Supreme Being

Post by crazy uncle gray g » Wed May 16, 2012 4:24 pm

:D Stuc, if you don't do something to stand out,
you may never find your Bongo again :lol:

You could go to these extremes if your concerned

Image =D>
cheers! party on dudes.
umbongocat
Supreme Being

Post by umbongocat » Wed May 16, 2012 5:41 pm

bongobaz wrote:The Bra was replaced by a pair of pants to remind me of home.
Back to original thread,
An A4 sheet laminated or stuck in windscreen should do the trick.
Thankfully it was replaced and it's not a picture of my bra :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I love cheese!
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Thu May 17, 2012 5:19 am

i think i have the picture of baz wearing it at the auction cat-------------------------------------------------how much not to print :lol: :lol:

Return to “Bongo Bash 2012”