to all at the bash

This is the largest gathering of Bongos anywhere in the world and takes place at our spiritual home, Stourport on Severn 20 to 25 June.

Moderator: Ian

aitch
Supreme Being

to all at the bash

Post by aitch » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:40 pm

have a wonderful time I shall be thinking of you all as I have to miss this year because of work hope the sun shines - the band are good and you all really enjoy the time together.

Roll on next year.....

ps post you photos so I can see what I am missing :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Be nice to everyone they might be nice back.

Come to the dark side we have chocolate dark chocolate
M 80NGO
Supreme Being
Location: Usually in My own wibbly wobbly lill world ! Otherwise Huntingdon.

Re: to all at the bash

Post by M 80NGO » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:19 pm

L'oreal is packed and ready to go with her trailer all hooked up 8) i'll be hitting the road at 6:45 :wink: it's gonna be soooooo hard to sleep tonight :D
karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:00 am

hope the weather is being kinder to you all than it is to the rest of us.

I will be paddling to work today through the pond that used to be my porch then downstream past the swimming pool that used to be a pub cellar have a quick look at the new geyser in the village square into the floating harbour that used to be an art shop my mission try and retrieve what used to be pictures.
there is a good side to this the morris dancers are due -in the village square i have a lovely vision in my head of them leaping about over that water spout :lol: (apologies in advance to anyone on here who might be a morris dancer)
alant54
Tribal Elder

Post by alant54 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:17 pm

karena wrote:hope the weather is being kinder to you all than it is to the rest of us.

I will be paddling to work today through the pond that used to be my porch then downstream past the swimming pool that used to be a pub cellar have a quick look at the new geyser in the village square into the floating harbour that used to be an art shop my mission try and retrieve what used to be pictures.
there is a good side to this the morris dancers are due -in the village square i have a lovely vision in my head of them leaping about over that water spout :lol: (apologies in advance to anyone on here who might be a morris dancer)

Karen...despite all your setbacks it is good to see that you have not lost your sense of humour.... =D>

I sympathise with you and everyone who is suffering from this dreadfull weather... :( ...but knowing you will keep a smile on your face despite all your problems warms my heart.... =D>

Good luck....and just keep plodding on as I know you will... :D
Alan

PS....I only do morris dancing on my way back from the pub after 10 pints and hope that nobody sees me..... :lol:
Alan...still plodding on....!
karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:59 pm

all sorted now it runs off pretty quickly here it was certainly nothing like as bad as some folks have had -glad it hasnt managed to ruin the bash.
- 2 drinks and i might imagine i am able to morris dance 3 i will be unconscious so i wont care :lol:
daisydaydream
Bongonaut

Post by daisydaydream » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:52 pm

Echo that .. sort of sorry I couldn't come along (depending on the rainfall!)

Hope it all goes well - I'm sure everyone will have a great time whatever - it's the company that matters =D

Carole .. soon to be Silverstone-bound xx
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:00 pm

Got to say the Bongo Gods are smilimg on us, brilliant w/e.
Tidmo
Bongolier

Post by Tidmo » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:37 pm

Thanks to everyone who made a potentially nightmare weekend absolutely fantastic! As our first bash we had a brilliant time regardless of the weather.
Nice to put faces to user names especially Pete, Steve, Simon and Dave. Also to the many I can't remember the names of! :oops:
Looking forward to next year already!
Ian, you are a legend and please book electric80s again. They rocked!!!
Cheers to all. =D> =D>
Pourquoi Pas?
mikexgough
Supreme Being

Post by mikexgough » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:35 pm

Big thanks to Ian et al for the usual well organised camp..... nice to meet and camp next to the usual suspects.... BDC, Dabs & DBO... big heads up to Dabs for the recommendation of the Saturday Band, shame it rained the 2nd set.... but there you go.... great that Stuc came alone and M80NGO did too.....
Nice to bump into Nevets and the Bulwell Bongliers again... :D :D
Weather was.... Changeable.... but away dry before the showers came......and nice to meet old Bongo owner Barrrington once again...... btw..... it's much nicer without electric.... :lol: :lol: My compressor fridge was still fine after 4 days... 8) 8) ...... on a 110ah.....
Conversant with Bongo Top Pinion Oil Seals

Bongo owning Velotech Cycle Mechanic
stuc
Supreme Being

Post by stuc » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:18 pm

I'll be back next year, great to meet everyone even though they took the mick out of our brocolli. weather was ok, band was great but I was feeling a little delicate this morning. So different from other car meets, where the cars are more important than the meeting of like minded soles. Thanks to all who arranged it. =D> =D>
Do what you like.Like what you do.
cazzyblues
Bongolier

Post by cazzyblues » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:25 pm

Made it for only one night but what a great weekend. Band was great, company was great, weather was grrrrrr....not so bad. Who would have thought dancing in the rain could be so much fun. Thanks to all. I'll be back. lol.
Cazzy
Art of Wax ( Facebook page)
"Art is a pigment of your imagination". (Darcy Gerdes)
daveblueozzie
Supreme Being

Post by daveblueozzie » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:56 pm

Had a great time at the bash, great to meet old and new friends.
Big thanks to Dabs for recommending the band for Saturday night and for Ian for having the courage to open his wallet and book them :shock: =D> =D> =D>
Dancing and sitting in the rain listening to smashing 80's music what a load of nutters we are. :lol: :lol:
And i must admit stuc did get a bit of ribbing for bringing broccoli. I mean who the hell brings broccoli and actually eats it :shock: :lol:
Lost without my Bongo.
minidaz123
Bongolier

Post by minidaz123 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:21 pm

Got back earlier today after a great 1st time Bash. Was nice to meet new people - umbongocat ( thanks for the catflap viewing ) and our neighbours, Geoff & Edna ( i'm sure Emily will have a go at the knitting next year :D ) - aswell as meeting up with others again.

My 2 boys had a great time ( was the youngests 1st time camping ). They enjoyed the 80's music ( if you saw a small child doing robotic type dancing, then it was probably Jacob :lol: ) and have already said they want to stay for longer next year :D

And we've already started on the Bongo Bash Honey :mrgreen:
umbongocat
Supreme Being

Post by umbongocat » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:29 pm

daveblueozzie wrote:Had a great time at the bash, great to meet old and new friends.
Big thanks to Dabs for recommending the band for Saturday night and for Ian for having the courage to open his wallet and book them :shock: =D> =D> =D>
Dancing and sitting in the rain listening to smashing 80's music what a load of nutters we are. :lol: :lol:
And i must admit stuc did get a bit of ribbing for bringing broccoli. I mean who the hell brings broccoli and actually eats it :shock: :lol:
:( I didn't even see you Dave. I only found out this morning once you had gone that you were there. I didn't venture too far I have to say this year as I was suffering with prolapsed disc. Spent a lot of time sitting under the awning next to the firepit :)

Hopefully, catch up soon :)
I love cheese!

Return to “Bongo Bash 2012”