Firth of Forth

To celebrate 10 years since the formation of the Bongo Fury owners club, Sunday 24th February 2013 has been designated as National Bongo Day. What we have in mind is a series of events in various locations across the UK & Ireland where Bongonauts can get to meet each other and perhaps have a Sunday lunch.

Moderator: Ian

Driver+Passengers
Supreme Being

Re: Firth of Forth

Post by Driver+Passengers » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:53 pm

the laird wrote:Update regarding convoy,been in touch with the forth bridge traffic office ,customer relations are getting in touch with relevant bodies to see if they will permit us to gather in the special area prior to entering the bridge crossing,as soon as I have been contacted I will post any development.best thing is they didn't say no.still awaiting Edinburgh evening news contacting us
Sod's Law suggests at least one of us is going to have to stop to bleed their coolant halfway across the bridge! :oops: #-o :lol: :lol:
Image Image
What she doesn't know won't hurt me.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:05 am

We want pictures or video if it all comes off, including the bit where Matt spouts steam ;-)

Seriously hope not, Matt spouting steam that is!
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
bongobeliever
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by bongobeliever » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:11 pm

Yes, we're definitely coming, snow or no snow. Getting ridiculously excited at the thought of such a special occasion being the Bongo's first 2013 excursion. What time do we need to get there - and (with apologies for being a fortnight behind the times) are we too late to book some soup?
the laird
Supreme Being

Post by the laird » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:12 pm

Hi bongo believer!and welcome,some are gonna be there early to try and keep some space it can be a premium but the inn has a good car park also ,twelve seems to be the time most are aiming for,the distance your coming soup and rolls shouldn't be a prob;even if I've to butter them myself.
Safe trip look forward to meeting you guys
Regards the laird(Gordon)
peterrc
Bongolier

Post by peterrc » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:46 pm

the laird wrote:Hi bongo believer!and welcome,some are gonna be there early to try and keep some space it can be a premium but the inn has a good car park also ,twelve seems to be the time most are aiming for,the distance your coming soup and rolls shouldn't be a prob;even if I've to butter them myself.
Safe trip look forward to meeting you guys
Regards the laird(Gordon)
If the 2 Bridges is closed we might be able to use their Car Park as an overflow if required. Provided that they don't block it off.
the laird
Supreme Being

Post by the laird » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:51 pm

Think we're meeting on the front ,the two bridges is closed and shuttered up.the hawes has a good sized car park (patrons only I think)
the laird
Supreme Being

Post by the laird » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:35 pm

Look at forth convoy
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:46 pm

This is shaping up to be a memorable meet folks! Cant wait! :D
the laird
Supreme Being

Post by the laird » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:27 am

Can we get ideas for a windscreen I'd plate.?on ferry convoy post please cheers
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:21 pm

I think we have the filming covered folks. Remember to brush your hair and give a big smile of the cameras! :D
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:13 am

Remember to brush your hair and give a big smile of the cameras!
It looks like I am going to lower the tone then. My hair is a mess after a wee puff of wind and I am not due for a shave for another month or so. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:11 am

MountainGoat wrote:
Remember to brush your hair and give a big smile of the cameras!
It looks like I am going to lower the tone then. My hair is a mess after a wee puff of wind and I am not due for a shave for another month or so. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tony

Don't worry Tony, we can do some magic with photoshop. Who would you like to look like.... Charles Bronson, Dirk Bogart, Jimmy Crankie?

:D
hairyneep
Bongolier

Post by hairyneep » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:09 pm

This looks like being a cracking day. I looked at the Russian website the other day and found out that its my Bongos 14th birthday on 25th so a double celebration and going to make a weekend of it :D

Well done and thanks to everyone who's organising what will be quite a specatcle
Bongopoet
Tribal Elder

Post by Bongopoet » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:05 pm

Driver+Passengers wrote: Sod's Law suggests at least one of us is going to have to stop to bleed their coolant halfway across the bridge! :oops: #-o :lol: :lol:

My daughter in law's father works for a breakdown company near the bridge. She was suggesting we have one at each end "Just in case" :lol: :roll:
Driver+Passengers
Supreme Being

Post by Driver+Passengers » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:24 pm

Bongopoet wrote:
Driver+Passengers wrote: Sod's Law suggests at least one of us is going to have to stop to bleed their coolant halfway across the bridge! :oops: #-o :lol: :lol:
My daughter in law's father works for a breakdown company near the bridge. She was suggesting we have one at each end "Just in case" :lol: :roll:
The photo opportunity can hardly be missed - 19 bongos and one on a flatbed cross the FRB. :lol: :lol: =D> =D>
Image Image
What she doesn't know won't hurt me.

Return to “National Bongo Day Sunday 24/02/13”