Forth Bridge meet

To celebrate 10 years since the formation of the Bongo Fury owners club, Sunday 24th February 2013 has been designated as National Bongo Day. What we have in mind is a series of events in various locations across the UK & Ireland where Bongonauts can get to meet each other and perhaps have a Sunday lunch.

Moderator: Ian

the laird
Supreme Being

Re: Forth Bridge meet

Post by the laird » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:11 pm

Stewby cracking pics well done,hope to see others pics soon mine inc
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:14 pm

Here's some of our photos- (some taken from the bridge) Video to follow once Dunslair Junior has done the editing

dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:19 pm

Sorry about the squinty ones from the Hawes Inn- photobucket misbehaving- don't think anyone had enough to drink that they were horizontal and seeing double really
The_Gordons
Bongolier

Post by The_Gordons » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:30 pm

It was great to see so many Bongos along with faces old and new. Here's our pics:

We spent Saturday in Edinburgh. We were tempted by this but thought it best to give it a miss and keep our heads clear for the big meet:

Got a bit of a shock when we looked out of the Bongo on Saturday morning and saw this:

With the snow we were worried that numbers might be down as the Bongo's stayed at home around warm fireplaces.

Not to worry though as once we got onto the city bypass all the snow vanished after a couple of junctions and plenty of Bongos had ventured along although ours was the only one with snow on the roof:

Thanks to Jim the Box and his mate for the entertainment:

I did have a couple of pics taken in panoramic mode but need to work out why photobucket won't let me load upload them.

A big thanks to Gordon, David, Jim and anybody else who helped organise the meet.

Hope to see a few of the faces at the Scottish Bongo Bash.
Bongo replaced by Wellhouse Terrier
the laird
Supreme Being

Post by the laird » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:11 pm

May I compliment all the photos so far.hope to get my pics up tomorrow
Well done guys n galls
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:58 am

mountainmummy wrote: Image
That's got to be the best stunt I've seen pulled in the name of Bongos. Well done to dunslair, the laird & co for organising.

I reckon you should be in charge of next year's Scottish bash, maybe get us camped in the centre circle at Murrayfield or within Edinburgh castle :twisted: :D
the laird
Supreme Being

Post by the laird » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:08 am

Muzz i had a notion for edingurgh castle esplanade?
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:43 am

What, where they have the temporary grandstands for the Tattoo? That would be worth doing. Although it's sure to confuse the American tourists :lol:
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:29 am

Muzorewa wrote:What, where they have the temporary grandstands for the Tattoo? That would be worth doing. Although it's sure to confuse the American tourists :lol:

It would make our Japanese visitors feel quite at home though....... :D
peterrc
Bongolier

Post by peterrc » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:49 am

Thinking along the same lines, Stirling Castle car park would make a good venue.
afws
Junior Bongonaut

Post by afws » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:24 pm

For our first attendance at a get together it was good to see so many like minded people. Hope to be able to do this again some time. Sorry we missed everybody at the Hawes Inn.

Allan & Angela
Not all who wander are lost.
Jim the Box
Tribal Elder

Post by Jim the Box » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:09 pm

the laird wrote:I think we should try and keep this group together ,I propose after the feedback were getting another meet in the near future.possibly the border area?open to all suggestions (don't be shy)it's for all to propose.we could then invite our neighbours from over the border for, to join in with HAGGIS &NEEPS
It's up to you and all to keep the ball rolling.fire questions at me and I don't mind doing ground work to us organise things

The laird
Great idea Gordon, =D> =D> =D> think you should start a new thread (not in this section) for ideas, suggestions, location etc, Elaine and myself would like to have a weekend away each month at least, so we are up for anything. So far we plan to visit Dunkeld next month, and Mull at the end of April ,and we are also thinking of the big 2013 bash down south as well, so if any other Scots are travelling down, a convoy may be a good idea in case of breakdown/mechanical problems. I'm sure Matt will have at least one Red Squirrel visit in mind,

Jim & Elaine....
"Today's rain is tomorrow's Whisky"
hairyneep
Bongolier

Post by hairyneep » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:45 pm

Brings a big smile to our faces each time we watch it :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIUCepO2WvA You might need to open in a new window
mulshy
Bongolier

Post by mulshy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:09 pm

Brilliant,guy at 56 sec.giving a wave and getting overtaken at 3:18 by some irate motorists :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
all the same but different
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:02 am

Hi
NOW...your mission is (should you choose to accept it)....to close the M1 to nothing but BONGOS
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.

Return to “National Bongo Day Sunday 24/02/13”