foglight facts sheet

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

vanvliet
Supreme Being

foglight facts sheet

Post by vanvliet » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:23 am

Ian ( the boss)
Can we have the fact sheet removed / updated removed .
Can't see why anyone should be given advice to fit the fog light referred to when there is a better /proper one readily available .
Mike has posted on how to fit it and a contact address is available on where to buy it
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:06 am

Do you mean the front or rear foglights? If front, then this is till valid....Chris Booth narrates how to install Ring Roadrunners RL023s for £14 the pair.

If you mean the rear lamp, Tim Cockings narrates how to change a dangly-down one for a flush fitting lamp.

I'm quite happy to amend either of these, but can you point me in the direction of Mike's revisions? I must have missed them first time round.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
vanvliet
Supreme Being

Post by vanvliet » Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:38 am

I was of course referring to the rear fog lamp instructions .The writer took a light unit intended for hanging underneath the bumper and cut a hole in the bumper to accomodate it . This is NOT the best solution A readily available flush fit lamp is now available and there are numerous posts relating to its installation along with pictures.( I have been waiting a while to say this but - do a search :) ) A matching reversing lamp can also be fitted to the opposite side of the bumper You previously added a sentence at the end odf the article but the pics ( bigdaddy and Mike took loads of the improved installation) and other parts still need updating
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:49 am

OK. I'll put it on my (very long) list of things to do. But if anyone out there fancies doing it quicker, then get in touch, and I will send the original template........... :D
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:09 am

Danglies are evil, and should be cast out like the demons they are... :lol:

I watched mike at wheelquick getting ready to fit a dangly rear fog to a freshly imported civic type "R" the other day ( a ten grand car)...

I suggested that if he fitted that minging thing to such a lovely motor, i'd sneak back and remove it! :lol:

He remained silent,and contemplated how it'd look...... I saw the new owner drive it away from wheelquick,with a nice flushfit fog in the rear bumper.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
ビッグダディケイン RIP Big Bank Hank (Imp the Dimp) 1957-2014
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:25 pm

bigdaddycain wrote:Danglies are evil, and should be cast out like the demons they are... :lol:

I watched mike at wheelquick getting ready to fit a dangly rear fog to a freshly imported civic type "R" the other day ( a ten grand car)...

I suggested that if he fitted that minging thing to such a lovely motor, i'd sneak back and remove it! :lol:

He remained silent,and contemplated how it'd look...... I saw the new owner drive it away from wheelquick,with a nice flushfit fog in the rear bumper.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well done BDC. The trick then is for Mike to advertise that they do it properly and don't fit cheap danglies and that can only have a positive impact on his reputation and subsequent sales. :lol:
madmile
Supreme Being

Post by madmile » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:06 pm

I can see the arguement for fitting a dangley as a temporary measure - just in case a customer decides they do not want the bumper cut and may prefer to convert the reversing lense - more applicable to sports cars where it may be nice to keep a smooth look to the bumper.
Personally however ,I always use a flush fog for the rear of a bongo.
The Great Pretender
Supreme Being

Post by The Great Pretender » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:17 pm

madmile wrote:I can see the arguement for fitting a dangley as a temporary measure - just in case a customer decides they do not want the bumper cut and may prefer to convert the reversing lense - more applicable to sports cars where it may be nice to keep a smooth look to the bumper.
Just a thought, you know how devious insurance companies can be. When they ask is the vehicle modified, would you think to say yes I modified the bumper to fit a fog light?
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:28 am

madmile wrote:I can see the arguement for fitting a dangley as a temporary measure - just in case a customer decides they do not want the bumper cut and may prefer to convert the reversing lense - more applicable to sports cars where it may be nice to keep a smooth look to the bumper.
The fogs are fitted prior to the s.v.a. test,apparently a vehicle wont pass the s.v.a with a red bulb in the drivers side reverse light...This can be done once the vehicle has passed however,but of course, wont pass without some kind of rear fog.
bigdaddycain
Supreme Being

Post by bigdaddycain » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:29 am

The Great Pretender wrote:
Just a thought, you know how devious insurance companies can be. When they ask is the vehicle modified, would you think to say yes I modified the bumper to fit a fog light?
Nothing would suprise me with insurance companies Mr Pretender... :roll:
cheffy34
Supreme Being

Post by cheffy34 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:13 am

bigdaddycain wrote:
The Great Pretender wrote:
Tell me about it big D, ive just had a 50/50 settlement from an accident back in july, a 17 year old nobber who passed his test 3 weeks prior ignored road markings in a carpark decided to exit via an entry route and clobbered the whole front end of my audil, he admited liability, but my insurance company said the onus is on me to look correctly :roll: :roll: :roll: long story
The Great Pretender
Supreme Being

Post by The Great Pretender » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:28 am

cheffy34 wrote:
bigdaddycain wrote:
The Great Pretender wrote: Just a thought, you know how devious insurance companies can be. When they ask is the vehicle modified, would you think to say yes I modified the bumper to fit a fog light?

Tell me about it big D, ive just had a 50/50 settlement from an accident back in july, a 17 year old nobber who passed his test 3 weeks prior ignored road markings in a carpark decided to exit via an entry route and clobbered the whole front end of my audil, he admited liability, but my insurance company said the onus is on me to look correctly :roll: :roll: :roll: long story
Now that sounds like you are both ultimatley inshured with the same company. My devious mind tells me they are trying to minimise there loss by bumping up both NCD. :cry:
cheffy34
Supreme Being

Post by cheffy34 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:39 am

You are ofcourse correct Mr pretender, both underwritten by royal bank of scotland, i threw that one at them told them i was not goin to stand for it and i insist it goes to court, needless to say they point blankly refused :evil: :evil: :evil: unfortunatly for the little git i know where he works :) i have protected n/c aswell which i think had a big bearing on ther decision, unfortunately for him it was his mums car :wink: corsa against audi mmmmmmmm who came of worst :?:
The Great Pretender
Supreme Being

Post by The Great Pretender » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:07 am

cheffy34 wrote:You are ofcourse correct Mr pretender, both underwritten by royal bank of scotland, i threw that one at them told them i was not goin to stand for it and i insist it goes to court, needless to say they point blankly refused :evil: :evil: :evil: unfortunatly for the little git i know where he works :) i have protected n/c aswell which i think had a big bearing on ther decision, unfortunately for him it was his mums car :wink: corsa against audi mmmmmmmm who came of worst :?:
The mistake you made was making a claim through your insurance. DONT DO IT. If he admitted liability use if you are a member AA or RAC or an indipendant no win no fee company. Sorry mate they have had your trousers down, protected you need to stay with them. They have got you by the.................................lol
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:30 am

Had a similar insurance problem a couple of years ago, volvo driving speeding school mum took the front end off my stationary car, but as we were both underwritten by the same people, even though it went to court, the insurance company didn't disclose all the facts & witness statements prior to the hearing. Consequently I got 50% blame & only 50% of the repair bill paid as well as a strike against my ncd :evil: - at least it was protected :roll: Makes a mockery of the whole thing though doesn't it :roll:
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.

Return to “Techie Stuff”