york meet friday 6th till sunday 8th june

If you are going away somewhere and don't mind meeting up with other Bongo owners or if you've been somewhere & want to tell us about it & stick up your photos, put the details here.

Moderator: Jillygumbo

Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Re: york meet friday 6th till sunday 8th june

Post by Bongoplod » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:38 pm

Neil n Lynzy saw that "big wasp"... appeared to me to be a Hornet,not a wasp.

Eating garlic apparently keeps midges and mosquitoes away.Its known fact that humans give off garlic odour when they sweat,and they apparently dont like it and keep off.

I love garlic and have it will everything.I never get bitten......but ive got no friends!!!! :shock: (the above is suppoed to be true,not a joke)

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
daveblueozzie
Supreme Being

Post by daveblueozzie » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:16 pm

i have never eaten garlic hate the smell ,that enough for me. as for being bitten , they dont bite me at all ,(must be bad blood)
Lost without my Bongo.
mobilecat
Supreme Being

Post by mobilecat » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:19 pm

My goodness I hope everyone is ok.

I am the worlds worst for allergic reactions and have lost count of the nasty ones I have had but I still get caught out. I have wonderful antihistimanies that I take daily (prescription only of course) and I took the last one on Sunday at the bash and didn't realise I had run out. All I had were generic 'piriton' which dont do much for me, Today I spent most of the day at Thomas Land sitting in cool dark corners with a wet flannel over my face where no one could see me because my eyes (and eye balls - yum) and face were so swollen that not only could I hardly see but I think I was frightening the children. Needless to say - Mark drove home,
kawasaki kid
Tribal Elder

Post by kawasaki kid » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:54 pm

Finally got the computer off the kids - just to say what a great meet it was - got there late Friday evening in the rain :? - set off in the sunshine - but the sunshine on Sat and Sunday more than made up for that. Great to meet up with faces new and old and the Ghost Walk was something else - Julie also got munched on by the local insects much to her annoyance :lol: . The KK clan says a big well done to Mike for organising the meet and roll on the next one. :)
If I had all the money I ever spent on my Freda ............ I`d spend it on my Freda.
karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:49 am

well i'm back from the land of the concussed - culminated in me throwing up buckets last night and still have a sore head.
i feel real guilty about the poor pheasant though there he was just enjoying a nice sunday afternoon flight and some great huge bongo driver headbutts him to death. Don't know if its karma but the resident pheasants have disapeared from home (i suspect my neighbours may have eaten well in our absence) It would have been poaching to keep him but a car following me could have legally taken him - i reckon they might have thought it was a bit weird though - getting flagged down and offered a dead pheasant.Keith reckons its a good thing the window was down as i,ve saved him the price of some new glass.

I hope those of you who got bitten are less swollen (i suspect horseflys may have been the culprits) and those who got other types of swellings took precautions if appropriate.Also hope Amanda is Ok let us know Wayne.

Despite all accidents etc it was an absolutely fab week-end so big thanks to Mike and Jo - put me down for next year.
waycar8
Supreme Being

Post by waycar8 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:01 pm

Hi everyone, Amandas much better now so thanks for the well wishes and enquiries :D
glad your ok Karena, and hope evryone else has recovered, roll on the next meet :D
mobilecat
Supreme Being

Post by mobilecat » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:07 pm

waycar8 wrote:Hi everyone, Amandas much better now so thanks for the well wishes and enquiries :D
glad your ok Karena, and hope evryone else has recovered, roll on the next meet :D
That is good news.
Hotpot
Supreme Being

Post by Hotpot » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:00 am

Glad to hear everybody's on the mend now. Poor mobilecat sounds like you've been in the wars, I hope your bites have settled down a bit now.

Poor karena too, that must have been one hell of a shock. Had a near miss with a barn owl a few weeks back, but narrowly escaped as it clipped the plastic wind shield on the window as it was coming in, still scared the **** out of us, don't think the poor owl got off so lightly though unfortunately :(
karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:34 am

poor thing - they are quite resilient though so maybe it was ok we looked after a little owl that had flown into a windscreen and once it was over the shock it was fine.
glad everyone is ok now roll on the next one. =D>

Return to “Fancy Meeting up & Bongo Trips”