cruise control waeco or audiovox ?

All about modifications, shiny alloys, chrome wheel nuts & mirrors, body skirts and much more!

Moderator: Ian

volamoose
Bongonaut

Re: cruise control waeco or audiovox ?

Post by volamoose » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:10 pm

Yes it's the ccs100 that is on it's way I have payed about £80 odd quid i think including postage (exchange rates have improved against the dollar of late I believe) just looking forward to flying up the autoroute to Biarritz in it Pour le surf oui oui. I have had it resprayed and loads of stuff going inside, will post pics, but more suited to the pimping section I fear, rather than the dignified air of the techie section.
Bingo, Bango.........
Sluggy

Post by Sluggy » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:32 pm

is this the one?

does it need the vacuum canister also (sold seperately) to work on the 2.5TD freda?
volamoose
Bongonaut

Post by volamoose » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:11 pm

I've just recieved mine, I think everything you need comes with it. Going to have a go at fitting it in my next 4 off. Stand well back I cannot be responsible for your safety if you get too close to the flying spanners
Bingo, Bango.........
Sluggy

Post by Sluggy » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:37 am

volamoose wrote:I've just recieved mine, I think everything you need comes with it. Going to have a go at fitting it in my next 4 off. Stand well back I cannot be responsible for your safety if you get too close to the flying spanners
how'd it go?
The Great Pretender
Supreme Being

Post by The Great Pretender » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:16 am

Sluggy wrote:
volamoose wrote:I've just recieved mine, I think everything you need comes with it. Going to have a go at fitting it in my next 4 off. Stand well back I cannot be responsible for your safety if you get too close to the flying spanners
how'd it go?
:lol: :lol: :lol: ........Maybe still under the Bongo.................... :lol: :lol: :lol:
To infinity and beyond
volamoose
Bongonaut

Post by volamoose » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:15 pm

well there is a story , not a very interesting one mind. Fitted it mechanically, vacuum tube and all, but it was a few days before we went on hols and bottled out of the electrics. Any advice greatfully recievd what wires to connect where and such, strugling with negative side of ignition. probably simple just a bottle issue.
Bingo, Bango.........
The Great Pretender
Supreme Being

Post by The Great Pretender » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:45 pm

My Audiovox is up and running like a dream. If it will help I will take some pics and identify the wires that you need to connect to.
To infinity and beyond
volamoose
Bongonaut

Post by volamoose » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:19 pm

that would be a most splendid and welcome idea ,Cheers the cowardly mechanic
Bingo, Bango.........
Sluggy

Post by Sluggy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:58 pm

yes, that would be very helpful, I don't have one yet but intend to get one soon... do you know if the vacuum canister is required for the 2.5TD?
The Great Pretender
Supreme Being

Post by The Great Pretender » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:17 pm

I found the Audiovox easy to install and a job most people with a basic toolkit could manage. It looks daunting when you open the box but as it is a universal kit you have more bits left than you use.
I hope the following is helpful and simple so non mech heads can understand.

The vacuum unit and cable fitted.

I drilled a 12mm hole for the grommet just in front of the gear selector to take the wiring out of the engine bay, the wires were taped together to form a loom and keep it tidy.

Wiring up.

Remove the four screws holding the speedo surround, pull forward to reveal the plug for the heated rear window. Pull it out and the surround can be swung out of the way. The four screws holding the speedo in place can now be removed. Ease the unit forward, at the top centre and left side there are multi plugs that need to be removed (they are different sizes). You can now access the back of the unit to get at the wiring harness. The VSS wire is blue and white, on the larger multi plug link onto the red and black wire with the separate grey wire for illumination of the switch.

Remove the cover under the steering wheel (two screws) the brake light connector can be pulled off and link the red to the yellow (top wire) that is always live. Purple links to the green and white.

Locate this plug in the same area and connect the orange fused wire to the yellow and brown wire.

Cruise Control ...........................Car
Blue (disregard not needed)
Grey VSS..................................Blue/White
Purple......................................Green/White brake switch
Red.........................................Yellow brake switch
Orange....................................Yellow/Brown
Grey........................................Red/Black

Dip Switch Positions

1 2 3 and 7 on
4 5 6 off

Extra vacuum canister is not required.
To say that I am impressed with it would be an understatment and at the moment they have included a column stalk in the kit putting control just behind the steering wheel.

Link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-Audi ... ccessories

If anyone needs help Pm me your landline number and I will try to help.
To infinity and beyond
Sluggy

Post by Sluggy » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:23 pm

fantastic, thanks very much! just oredered mine from flea bay although they're not offering the rostra stalk anymore but it's a bit cheaper here :D
Ron Miel
Supreme Being

Post by Ron Miel » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:15 pm

Have resisted cruise control before but, with knee surgery imminent, I guess now's the time. I've ordered Waeco, still available from Germany*, more expensive (£129) but: "With European type approval and general operation permit. No additional record is needed in vehicle documents". Hoping to keep my insurers sweet. Good luck with your Audiovox, Sluggy. I'll get some pix up on the Waeco install in a V6, when done.

*(http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... SA:GB:1123)
2001-V6-LPG-AFT-black on silver-Imperial Purbeck camper

(Ron miel=honey rum from the Canaries)
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:24 pm

Just had my Waeco cruise control fitted using the original equipment. Unable to fit the left hand Rostra Cruise Control Stalk which I purchased separately from America. Colour codes of the two systems are different, does anyone know how they match up.

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
brorabongo
Supreme Being

Post by brorabongo » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:39 pm

srs41 I see your location is Inverness, I might need to come down and see you about the cruise control. ( if I decide to get one.)

Have we passed each on the road other yet? We always see bongos around Inverness, in fact your almost guarenteed to see at least one. :lol:
ボンゴの激怒 pictures
Run your fingers over my Bongo, and I'll run my Bongo over your fingers!! :twisted:
Ron Miel
Supreme Being

Post by Ron Miel » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:05 pm

Ron Miel wrote:Have resisted cruise control before but, with knee surgery imminent, I guess now's the time. I've ordered Waeco, still available from Germany..........
Got a welcome reprieve on the surgery, postponed until late October, so now I can a.) get some more Bongo camping in first :D and b.) get the Waeco MS-50 installed beforehand.

I'll PM simon jones to ask for a copy of his MS-50 installation fact sheet but from what I've gleaned in the forum so far, all reported MS-50 Bongo installations seem to have been on 2.5TD's.

Has anybody installed one in a V6? A cursory look a couple of weeks back suggested that mounting the vac servo to allow throttle cable operation directly onto the V6's cable pivot plate (mounted high up, tight under the central part of the engine cover) will be difficult. I know there are alternative ways of linking servo cable to throttle system, although I've still to go carefully through them to see if one of them would be a better solution. Meanwhile, if somebody already worked it out, I'll be very grateful for any tips. [-o< Thanks.
2001-V6-LPG-AFT-black on silver-Imperial Purbeck camper

(Ron miel=honey rum from the Canaries)

Return to “Pimp My Bongo”