Southport airshow

Moderator: Muzorewa

Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Re: Southport airshow

Post by Muzorewa » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:28 pm

You're too kind :oops:

The camera I have at the moment is the first 'reasonable' camera I've ever had, not a dSLR or anything fancy, but with a good zoom. All the previous cameras were krappenhausen.

I just take a bit of care with light, try to look for a good shot, and then straighten up any wonky horizons and maybe crop a little before I post them, nothing too elaborate. Fast-moving targets are still a challenge. :wink:

I've had the camera just over two years now and fired off almost 19,000 shots :shock:

Out of interest, one of my motorsport buddies saw the results of my camera and bought one himself. He couldn't get any decent shots with it so sold it and paid about £1,500.00 for a Canon dSLR setup with a couple of lenses, still couldn't get any good shots :lol: :lol:

Also, look at Kirsty's shots from her European trip taken on a phone :wink:
Ron Miel
Supreme Being

Post by Ron Miel » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:11 pm

mikeonb4c wrote:....At the risk of embarrassing him, I've been impressed with Muz's stuff - great results across the various diverse branches of photography. I couldn't do that. :(
Agreed re Muz's impressive stuff, and with his subsequent post - which also seems to stress competence over technology, although there is a technology threshold level nowadays below which many subjects are effectively out of reach. For many that's perhaps no bad thing. You really have to still understand the basics first to get the best out of the most sophisticated "do it all for you" electronickery, sometimes even more so or it will get away with "doing it badly for you" and you can't tell why. Muz has got the knack and no mistake.
2001-V6-LPG-AFT-black on silver-Imperial Purbeck camper

(Ron miel=honey rum from the Canaries)
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:46 pm

Muzorewa wrote:Also, look at Kirsty's shots from her European trip taken on a phone :wink:

:oops: Photo's with scenery like that pretty much take themselves, lots of luck & lots of photos taken to get any half decent snaps :wink: No comparison with you lot :oops:
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:11 pm

...he does a pretty mean paella too :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “North West”