starting

Technical questions and answers about the Mazda Bongo

Moderators: Doone, westonwarrior

PAUL10121968

starting

Post by PAUL10121968 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:40 pm

got a new annoying problem with my precious,sometimes when i start her up,she just clicks when i turn the key,other times it will start first time no problem at all,have been told that it could be the solenoid,or the ignition barrel,and another person told me that it is an electrical fault but they coul not be any more specific.has anyone else had this problem and if so what is the cure :cry: paul
BeardyWeirdy

Post by BeardyWeirdy » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:53 pm

First thing I'd check before getting too concerned is the connections to the battery. Make sure that they're clean and nice and tight.

When I had my towbar fitted at a garage they'd left the earth lead on very loose. Starting became intermittent (exactly as you'd described) until I checked the earth connection to the battery and found that I could pull it off with one finger [insert smutty inuendo here!]
themitch

Post by themitch » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:53 pm

Firstly check that the connections on the battery are tight as i had this problem when i first got my bongo and the connection was loose.

sorry i cant help with the more technical side of things but some one will be along shortly. who knows a lot more than me
salmonhaircut

Post by salmonhaircut » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:12 pm

Well this is great , :D no not the problem I mean the answer cus I have just started to have the same prob on the bongo and was worried I'd be stranded at the horrible school I've been workin in with all the Lauren's and rude boys crowdin round givin me 'looks' !!

I will get Mr S to check the battery immediately he gets in !! Yes, I am that incompetent!
love Salmon x
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:22 pm

Paul, do you have an immobiliser fitted?
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
PAUL10121968

starting

Post by PAUL10121968 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:30 am

my precious is not happy,i have checked battery and connections,their fine but the problem is still there,sometimes she will go all day starting and stoping with no problems at all,but the next day it,s click,click,click and then off she goes like nothing has happened.any ideas.paul
Shane

Starting !

Post by Shane » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:42 am

Sounds like our minor problem, sometimes it would start first time and then other times it would just click for about 5 or 6 turns.

Replacement Solenoid did the trick never missed a beat since.

Shane
PAUL10121968

starting

Post by PAUL10121968 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:35 pm

my starting problem on my precious has been traced to the starter solenoid,i plan to remove it next week and exchange it for reconditioned one,i know that the solenoid is servicable but i feel that replacing it would be better,browsing through the archives i see that the problem can reoccur even after a clean up.paul :lol:

Return to “Techie Stuff”