Height resriction

Moderator: Muzorewa

scanner
Supreme Being

Re: Height resriction

Post by scanner » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:39 pm

Mattsonics wrote:To bring this thread back on topic...

With height restricted entrances / bars etc. you need to be careful, the van may fit under the bar comfortably as you first drive in, but if the ground rises too quickly on the other side you will catch the middle - if you follow.

I am speaking from experience...

There is a car park in Lancaster behind The Sugar House student night club (which I spent way too much time in as a youth, and met my wife there!!) it has a bar which a standard height Bongo (i.e. not lowered, or big tyres) will fit comfortably under until a quarter of the way under, then the front tyres hit the rising ground and you scrape your AFT!!

=D>

Have backed off other height restricted entrances following this experience.

Matt
That is often the case in multistorey car parks as well the change in angle as each ramp meets each level can catch you out.

We also had no problem getting under the height warning bar & into the underground car park at the Paris Motorshow but because of the slope and it being slightly lower on the exit side started to scrape it on the way out I had to jump out and hold it up a bit while Mrs S drove out. Inside the actual car park was no problem at all - just the bit of pipe on chains on the exit.
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:43 pm

Mattsonics wrote:To bring this thread back on topic...

With height restricted entrances / bars etc. you need to be careful, the van may fit under the bar comfortably as you first drive in, but if the ground rises too quickly on the other side you will catch the middle - if you follow.

I am speaking from experience...

There is a car park in Lancaster behind The Sugar House student night club (which I spent way too much time in as a youth, and met my wife there!!) it has a bar which a standard height Bongo (i.e. not lowered, or big tyres) will fit comfortably under until a quarter of the way under, then the front tyres hit the rising ground and you scrape your AFT!!

=D>

Have backed off other height restricted entrances following this experience.

Matt

Thats quite enough [-X Back off topic please.....

So you met your future wife in a car park, where you used to spend far too much time :shock: Discuss............
munroman
Tribal Elder

Post by munroman » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:44 pm

Getting this back onto it proper track, was it a company ice cream van, or was he a Solero trader?
When asked about Western Civilisation, Ghandi said 'that would be a good idea'...
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:47 pm

munroman wrote:Getting this back onto it proper track, was it a company ice cream van, or was he a Solero trader?
:lol: :lol: :lol: (still waiting for a reply from 'budget Romeo' above!!!) :wink:

Return to “North West”