dog friendly pub with campsite

hotcrossbunny
Bongonaut

dog friendly pub with campsite

Post by hotcrossbunny » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:19 pm

I stayed at a campsite in the grounds of a Pub at Ettrick bridge last week called the Tibbie Shiels Inn.It was great as they let the dog and children in the bar even when you are eating.I am now looking for something similar somewhere else in Scotland to visit.Dont mind where as i am fairly central on Fife /Perth border.Anyone any ideas please.
feeblecat
Bongolier

Re: dog friendly pub with campsite

Post by feeblecat » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:08 am

Immervoulin at Strathyre is very dog friendly as is the surrounding area. Loads of walks directly from the site (gorgeous views) and the 3 pubs in the village all do food and allow dogs. This is a site I have been going to for years for this very reason. It's not very far away from you.
hotcrossbunny
Bongonaut

Post by hotcrossbunny » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:06 pm

sounds promising thanks.I will check it out on line.
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:13 pm

You should have come to Glencoe last weekend. Annie had her dog with her on the Red Squirel Campsite and there were lots of dogs in the Clachairg Inn. One woman had too big dogs with her and another a St Bernard. The Glencoe is best between September and April when the midges are not around.

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:05 pm

MountainGoat wrote:You should have come to Glencoe last weekend. Annie had her dog with her on the Red Squirel Campsite and there were lots of dogs in the Clachairg Inn. One woman had too big dogs with her and another a St Bernard. The Glencoe is best between September and April when the midges are not around.

Tony
I didn't see any dogs in the pub........ must have had my 'beer goggles' on :shock: :lol:
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:22 pm

:^o :^o :^o
hotcrossbunny
Bongonaut

Post by hotcrossbunny » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:40 pm

glencoe would have been fun,my 4 would have loved it.Mischief ,my Saint could have made friends.I have been trying to find somewhere on arran or the hebrides.Or maybe wick area.I have a week in the school holidays to fill for a 10 and 12 year old as well as the dogs.
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:46 pm

I have been to both these places in the past few years but cant remember if they take dogs or not as we don't have one at the moment. Seal Shore Campsite in Kildonan on the Isle of Aran has a Hotel with a public bar right next to it so it may be what you are looking for. http://www.scottishcampingguide.com/link.php?n=208&c=55

I suggest that you check out Scottish camping .Com website. http://www.scottishcamping.com/. The ferries website may also be useful to you. http://www.calmac.co.uk/

Tony

PS: you must have passed my place on your way to and from the Tibbe Shields Inn, pop in for a cuppa if you go there again.
hotcrossbunny
Bongonaut

Post by hotcrossbunny » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:51 pm

seal shore looks good ,just need to see if dogs can go in the bar now.hubby says he will get me a "dogs welcome" book he saw in the vets that has pubs in.All i need now is some good weather and we will be set. Tibbie shields was great for the dogs and the delicatessen in Selkirk was brilliant for food,even open Sunday morning for cheese and sundried tomatoes on toast.Will certainly be going back
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:45 pm

We often go to the Deli in Selkirk it being just 4miles up the road from us, did you try the new Waterwheel Cafe at the Philiphaugh Estate just outside Selkirk on the road to Tibbe Shields Inn? Defoe let June and I know when you are coming our way again. Hope that Arran goes well if you make it there. Oh! happy birthday by the way.

Tony
hotcrossbunny
Bongonaut

Post by hotcrossbunny » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:17 pm

no we didnt go there, but will give it a try next time we are down.Thanks for the birthday shout Do you have psychic powers let you know the date.
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:25 pm

Thanks for the birthday shout Do you have psychic powers let you know the date.

No but the Forum does. Check out the anouncement at the bottom of the page before it dissapears for another year.

Tony

Return to “Scotland”