MikeBongo
Bongonaut

Post by MikeBongo » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:48 pm

Hullo folks,

We have recently bought a Bongo - well about 7 weeks and 4300 miles ago! Really pleased with it, bought it from Mill Garage in Duns, did a quick trip to Skye to make sure all was well and have just returned from a month going round France. It has run perfectly, returned 30 mpg overall and is currently with CamperCraft (who did the original conversion) in Dunfermline getting some additional interior lighting fitting and an oil change. Turns out the engine is a new one that was fitted last year with only 23000 miles on it .. so it appears we have landed a really good example.

We had set out to find a VW but got the Bongo because it seemed so much better value for money ... delighted to have discovered what a brilliant vehicle it is and looking forward using it .. a lot!

Mike
umbongocat
Supreme Being

Re: New Member

Post by umbongocat » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:02 pm

Welcome :) I've still got a grin on my face every time I see mine and it's changed our way of life :)
I love cheese!
Triple/R
Supreme Being

Post by Triple/R » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:09 pm

Eyup Mike & welcome :) ~sounds as though you've landed on your feet with yer new Bongo~it's a refreshing change from some horror stories we here on here~~well done mate & enjoy your Bongo. =D>
Regards Ray & Christine

It's only easy when you know the answer!!!!!!!!!!
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:01 pm

Welcome. Quite a few Bongos on the south east of Scotland now, we are catching up with the south west. Taking my Bongo to GBL motors in Edinburgh next week to have some work done on it, garage recommended by dandywarhol as being familiar with Bongos.

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
dunslair
Supreme Being

Post by dunslair » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:42 pm

Congratulations on the new van. Get some pics up when you can, then we can look out for you and give you an extra cheery wave.

All the best

David.
seventiesboy
Bongolier

Post by seventiesboy » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:16 pm

Hi and welcome.
Great vehicles aren't they?
Well done on your choice, enjoy
Why?...........Because somebody might wave back.
M 80NGO
Supreme Being
Location: Usually in My own wibbly wobbly lill world ! Otherwise Huntingdon.

Post by M 80NGO » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:28 pm

MikeBongo wrote:Hullo folks,

We have recently bought a Bongo - well about 7 weeks and 4300 miles ago! Really pleased with it, bought it from Mill Garage in Duns, did a quick trip to Skye to make sure all was well and have just returned from a month going round France. It has run perfectly, returned 30 mpg overall and is currently with CamperCraft (who did the original conversion) in Dunfermline getting some additional interior lighting fitting and an oil change. Turns out the engine is a new one that was fitted last year with only 23000 miles on it .. so it appears we have landed a really good example.

We had set out to find a VW but got the Bongo because it seemed so much better value for money ... delighted to have discovered what a brilliant vehicle it is and looking forward using it .. a lot!

Mike
Hi Mike welcome to Bongoville, i came over from the vw side albeit a T3 ( last of the rear engined ) and the bongo is a far superior tool, since owning our Bongo ( May ) She's done 2 euro trips 1st was a week after we got her 8 countries in 12 days including a lap of the nurburgring and then later in the summer we went to visit some friends in limoges, mine had a head gasket done under warranty but other than that she's been preety good even tho she's done 160,000 kms .
brorabongo
Supreme Being

Post by brorabongo » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:58 am

Welcome Mike.

4300 miles in 7weeks......I thought ours was well used!!!! :lol:

All the best with your new(ish) toy. :D
ボンゴの激怒 pictures
Run your fingers over my Bongo, and I'll run my Bongo over your fingers!! :twisted:

Return to “Scotland”