Road Pricing

Questions, tips & observations about taking your Bongo over the water.

Moderator: g8dhe

mikexgough
Supreme Being

Road Pricing

Post by mikexgough » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:30 pm

Belgium are going to have road pricing from 2013, Luxembourg and Netherlands expected to do the same.
Foreign vehicles will need a Viginette....... UK next ?...... with zero road tax and zero duty, just pence per mile?..... sounds good to me
Conversant with Bongo Top Pinion Oil Seals

Bongo owning Velotech Cycle Mechanic
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Re: Road Pricing

Post by Muzorewa » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:35 pm

Can't see the UK government missing out on all that excise they don't have to use to repair the roads with, I suspect they'll do both just to make us all use public transport where we're all a lot easier to control :evil:
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:58 pm

mikexgough wrote:Belgium are going to have road pricing from 2013, Luxembourg and Netherlands expected to do the same.
Foreign vehicles will need a Viginette....... UK next ?...... with zero road tax and zero duty, just pence per mile?..... sounds good to me

Ooh - look out of the window quick :wink:

Surely, it depends on how many pence per mile #-o Could make for some very expensive Bongo camping trips :twisted:
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
scanner
Supreme Being

Post by scanner » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:09 pm

We should bring in a vignette for all foreign vehicles now especially the trucks - with what they save in not paying UK VED and fuel duty I think about £250 per day should even things up a bit with the UK industry.
dext924

Post by dext924 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:42 am

Well, these can be a double edge sword. We had a camping trip in Italy a few years ago and had to pass through Austria, who have a vignette system. We were literally in the country for 2 hours each way, and we had to pay in the region of £26, (£13 for a ten day pass)
And the have cameras within 1 km of the border, so if you dont get one prior, or one at the border, you get a HUGE fine.

Depending on what they set prices at, its gonna cost you. Lets face it, it doesn't cost us to drive in these countries at the minute.

I cannot imagine what the UK would set theirs at!!!

We would definitely be out of pocket :(

Return to “Going Abroad”